Revamped Female Character

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2008
younglion, thanks man

Leshiy3d,
Quote: i think the chest is too big

Well that's the eternal debate isn't it :-)

hoodedpython,

Quote: I agree with everyone that the current model is better than the original, but i think the head looks a little bit smaller than the rest of the body, unless your going for a stylised mode.

I already made the head bigger than the original, I'm definately going for a relaistic look. To me it's about right... but now you've mentioned it... :-)

Thanks for your post.

davidwAde, I agree something is not quite right. I'll go backj to my original reference and have a bit of a measure up. I think that;s a pretty good call about the back. Thanks man, I appreciate the crit.

Thanks to everyone who's commented, updated to follow...

EDIT: And Dickma, sorry, completely forgot I hadn't yet replied to your previouis crit. Thanks for the pointers. I fully agree with the back of the head - defiantely sticking out too far. Thanks man.

Last edited by pseudonympending : 10 October 2008 at 03:48 PM.

10 October 2008
I've started on the hair. I want something realisitic and natural but I also want the control of making it with polys and not with some hair plugin - those always kill my machine and I just end up getting angry.

I'm quite pleased with this for a start. It's a scanline render hence the milky skin but overall it works quite well although a bit more styling is required.

10 October 2008
hi...
i like to proceede you work.
good topology and shader.
i'm courios what you'll do with hairs.

bye.

10 October 2008
Just it is too early to setup up hair at this stage...improve your model first.

10 October 2008
Hi Dickma,

Quote: Just it is too early to setup up hair at this stage...improve your model first.

I disagree. I was getting a bit bored on the model and struggling to see where it needed improvement (altough it undoubtedly does). A bit of fun doing some hair and I'm back on the mesh again inthusiasm reinstalled.

And the heads not going to change much now, I'm happy with that.

Nayar, thanks man. I'm going to style the hair a bit but I fancy quite a casual look - sort of a bit up, bit down.

10 October 2008
Here's the latest:

10 October 2008
this is what I think it should be like. goodluck

10 October 2008
been following this one and it's shaping up to be a really good model. cant wait to see it finished.

on thing that sticks out at me since this latest render, other than the head being a bit too small (as you've heard lol), is that the hands seem a bit big compared to the rest of the body, making it seem a bit cartoonish... in fact i think the arms and hands both seem out of place on this body, in fact that may be what is making the head seem too small, IMO.

as for the breasts, they really aren't that big but the shape seems to lend to them looking like implants, they seem to be too rounded on top and don't transition from the chest smoothly, it actually seems like she is wearing an invisible bra to be honest, they dont sag naturally with the weight. although in this latest update it dosen't seem as bad.

i'd love to see the side and back from this last update as well as the wires. also interested in the material setup

(ps, feel free to disregard what i've said as i'm not too far along in modeling myself, i just hope my thoughts are helpful to you)

10 October 2008
Thanks guys, some great crits.

Interstingly one says head to big, the other says head too small... Maybe it's just right then :-)

Giangmatric, I agree the hips are a bit wierd, that's my next bit to fix. Thanks for the drawing.

tyrful, I think you are right about the arms, I'll epxeriment with making them smaller. Defo the hands are too big. I'll do some other angles as soon as I get the chance.

thanks for posting guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

I've started the male character now that I'll develop along side this character. Post to follow.

10 October 2008
I built a male character alongside the orginal female character a year or so back. It has many of the same issues that the female head has. I've updated the model with the latest lighting and material and will work on these two models simaltaneously.

Original male head:

Updated male head:

Orinal male body:

Updated Male Body:

The plan is to work on these characters simaltaeously and work them into a scene together.

Last edited by pseudonympending : 10 October 2008 at 08:20 AM.

10 October 2008
imo hands more smaller for the girl

Good job man.

10 October 2008
vintras,

Quote: imo hands more smaller for the girl

Agreed. I don't think I'll get a chance to work on this tonight but it's the first thing I'm going to fix when I do.

Thanks for your post

10 October 2008
I have no idea what this pose is all about - it just sort of happened whilst I was tweaking the skinning.

And I really need to texture the back of the head.... :-)

10 October 2008
I like your work, is great that you are working on both models at time...
...a constructive critique that I can tell you is perhaps adjust just a little the shoulders of her, it looks like straight (in comparison with all rest of the body that is curved well and is smooth), or maybe is the clavicle than is too closed to the neck and not to the shoulders, and upper on the neck it seems straight also, (but maybe is the pose or to the camera's position)
finally the armpit have a strange shadow but I don't know if is for lighting.

hey I like so much this pose, the legs and hips are seen well.
excellent!.

10 October 2008
i like the pose for the woman. one thing that stands out to me is her hands look quite large and bulky for a woman.

Thread Closed share thread