STASIS - 2D Isometric Adventure Game

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2010   #16
Ive managed to get a website sorted for STASIS:

http://www.stasisgame.com/

Going to be putting some more game design and workflow things up there, so if you are interested, take a look.

Old 12 December 2010   #17
Originally Posted by kromano: Dang, that's looking really impressive. A definite early Fallout inspiration but don't go overboard with the references. Looks like your project was listed on the front page from Visionaire Studio, too. I have to agree that at the moment it is too dark, over all. My primary monitor is typically much brighter than most people I know and even then it's difficult to make out detail in many of the shots in your demo video.

It's still pretty exciting and interesting though. Your work makes Visionaire look almost too easy to produce high quality stuff.

P.S. the more I read the more I think of Lucasart's The Dig.

Hey man. Didn't see your post! Sorry its taken so long to reply!
The vimeo video is super SUPER compressed. When I did those cinematic sequences, they were for a different project, and I didn't think to compensate for the compression and crushing of blacks that converting to an FLV would do. I also have issues seeing through the dark in those! The actual game cinematics and screens should be quite a bit lighter.

Visionaire really is an easy program to use. It can get quite complex with the scripting, but its created in such a way that you never have to open up the script editor at all.

I loved The Dig! I really loved the more 'mature' aspect to it-which back then was a MAJOR thing for an adventure game!

Old 12 December 2010   #18
A small gameplay video:

http://vimeo.com/18178146

Old 12 December 2010   #19
Ah, this is just looking really really sweet... Damn! Started thinking about that movie Contact (Jodie Foster and such) - space noise / those thumping sounds that we're being made by what they contacted hahaah.

And the art work is just amazing! Really can't wait to see what happens with this project...

Old 12 December 2010   #20
Originally Posted by Grabby: And the art work is just amazing! Really can't wait to see what happens with this project...
Yes I agree. This is a one man project isn't it? Or do you have a team. The work is very impressive. Even the VO from the announcer. That video didn't seem as impossibly dark as the first one too.

Old 12 December 2010   #21
Originally Posted by Grabby: Ah, this is just looking really really sweet... Damn! Started thinking about that movie Contact (Jodie Foster and such) - space noise / those thumping sounds that we're being made by what they contacted hahaah.

And the art work is just amazing! Really can't wait to see what happens with this project...

CONTACT is one of my favorite novels, and definitely an amazing film! The sound design in the opening scene is just incredible!

Thanks for the compliment....there are quite a few artistic challenges ahead of me-but some really cool things aswell!

Originally Posted by kromano: Yes I agree. This is a one man project isn't it? Or do you have a team. The work is very impressive. Even the VO from the announcer. That video didn't seem as impossibly dark as the first one too.

Its just little old me doing everything. The voice through the coms system saying "Shit Hawking, are you seeing this?" is also me-although I don't quite know if I'm capturing 'war veteran and salvager'. Im sure there is another voice actor out there who can do a much better job!

Old 12 December 2010   #22
this graphics is incredible
full of feeling

Old 12 December 2010   #23
You think you could get this put on Steam- I'd check this out.

Old 12 December 2010   #24
New video:

http://vimeo.com/18312028

http://www.stasisgame.com/decontami...and-xray-walls/

Old 12 December 2010   #25
Thanks for all of the encouragement guys.

Old 12 December 2010   #26
This is looking so insanely cool, Chris. I can't wait to see more.

Old 12 December 2010   #27
Thanks Leigh. More is definitely coming!

Old 01 January 2011   #28
hey guys,

Updates! here we have the INNER AIRLOCK,

The airlock clicks open with a hiss. A silhouetted figure walks into a dark room. The massive rotating door behind him rolls back into place, and seals shut.The airlock clicks open with a hiss. A silhouetted figure walks into a dark room. The massive rotating door behind him rolls back into place, and seals shut.Darkness. Nothing. Maracheck walks forwards. As he does so, a light directly above him turns on. Motion controlled. A computer voice sounds out “Welcome to The Groomlake Research Facility. We know you will enjoy your stay.” Computer screens flicker on showing various PR photos of families on board, scientists working happily, children playing.As Maracheck moves forward the lights continue to turn on infront of him. More computer voices:“Please be aware that we are operating on emergency power.”He continues down the corridor. Comfortable seating on either side of him suggests an airport lobby of some kind. This must be where the important people came in…a company would waste money like this on an entrance for grunts.As he advances, more lights turn on, highlighting security turrets. Shut down. The security systems must not be operating. Good thing too…those turrets would have shredded him. As if reading his mind, the computer voice sounds out an eerie warning.“To ensure that your stay with us is a pleasant one, please remember to follow all protocol. Your safety is our priority.”The lights go off for a second…the sound of an electric generator spinning up again.“Please make your way to decontamination.”“Thank you for your cooperation.”

ARRIVALS HALL

Dignitaries, VIP’s, and high ranking members of the military all enter through the Arrivals Hall. When fully operational, it showed off the scale and immensity of The Groomlake…but now, it is a hollow shell…an empty cavern. Welcome indeed.

and DECONTAMINATION ROOM

Space brings disease, which in a closed off space ship can quickly lead to death. Therefore, every soul who boards The Groomlake has to be scanned, and cleansed of any pathogens. The X Ray scanner also doubles as a security scanner, preventing unwanted weapons or devices on board. But what happens when there is nobody to turn off the scanners? When quarantine procedures cause a lock down? When the only thing standing between Maracheck, and the salvage of a lifetime, is an air tight metal door?

------------------------------------------

Old 01 January 2011   #29
Man, I am really impressed with what you achieved. Somebody already said that and I will agree, this is what Fallout3 should look like. I wish you all the best with this project and may you finish it soon.

Old 01 January 2011   #30
Thanks man. The fact that this is even being spoken in the same breath as Fallout makes me smile to no end.

Thread Closed share thread