Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
fanzypantz
portfolio
Andreas Halvorsen Tollånes
Arendal, Norway

Question Advanced UDK Level - 9 week project

Well finally I've come to my first project at school where I need to basically do everything by hand. Though I don't need to implement gameplay into the map, this time around its just the esthetics. I'm in my second year on my game design degree programme, and I'm going to post stuff here for real feedback, you can be as harsh as you want, its important, though do understand something is not in my abilities right now.

So basically my idea is to make an small island with foliage some houses, ponds, trees etc. Kinda like Dear Esther'ish feel to it(didn't know about the game until after I explained the idea to my teacher)

I'm in the start of my second week of nine in total, I need to finish December the 19.
Progress so far: (test world)
Every part I post is always wip. On this house I just finished the first grunge layer on all the textures so they will fit in together more nicely, still got ways to go, but pretty satisfied so far.

Here you can see some of the few props with basic textures, I don't think there is anything else than diffuse on them atm

Closeup of the books, I think I'll make two or three different book textures, I think these are 512x512 a bit to big, but most textures I have made is going to be rescaled before I start working on the LOD's

Old 11-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
WaterDrinker
Veteran

portfolio
Poland

Images are looking nice and I know that it's just wip for now but here are couple of tips:

- texture for ground seems to be too small. Try to looking for textures in higher level of resolution for objects with large area. Also you can (for ground even you should) loop texture but keep it in mind to delete every special marks on it to avoid repeatable effect.
- 512x512 resolution is too large for details like books. I think 256x256 or 128x128 is good enough.

All you need is to meet
The GarageFarm.NET

Last edited by WaterDrinker : 11-16-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread