May 2016 - Jonatan Cwiakalski

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

05 May 2016
Thank you Corrie and Felipe . I'm working hard to bring more and transform blocks into buildings.

Regards
Jonatan

05 May 2016
Nice progress dude - keep up the good work

05 May 2016
Wip

Good to see your WIP and hope you get the photo-realism going for your next step. Keep it up.

Originally Posted by Jonatan-Moonchild:
Link:
http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/J...s85mlc.jpg.html
[URL=[/URL]
Regards
Jonatan

06 June 2016
Final Image

This is my final image:

Link:
http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/J...u8nwdv.jpg.html

I will write some after words later but now I must run to work .

Regards
Jonatan

06 June 2016
That last night was crazy! Of course I'd wish to have more time to add/replace/polish so many things... but things like this are always "never ending story". Which of course doesn't change a fact, that it was craziness full of happiness .

Thank you all for kind words - they was big motivation and are reward by itself. Special thanks goes to Milan - you reminded me soon enough what is the purpose of Matte Painting. Well... I still consider photorealism as my... let's say... field (big field I'd say) for improvement, but I'm sure I would ended up much worse if you wouldn't push me in the right direction in the right moment.

Thank you Milan, David, Simone and all participants for this Challenge - it was so good to be a part of it!

Best regards and good luck to all of you!
Jonatan

06 June 2016
Yeah last night was crazy, but good)
You have a really clean and clear result and you went for it from the inception and didn't loose focus, which is great to see. And every step in wip made a difference at the same time. Love the cast shadows and overall mood) It was nice to follow the process.

And thanks for living up the forum with comments in lots of threads, it was good to see some more activity around our little hall)

06 June 2016
Thank you Alik!
And I hope our little hall will stand and grow and we will meet here again. I really would like this to happen .

Regards
Jonatan

06 June 2016
Great job here Jonatan, I feel like I can almost smell the fresh air with that big blue sky.

I am also impressed with your decision to change to the sunset, it looks great. You really sold the immense scale of the area.

I know what you mean about having a crazy night too, I was up until 4am and ended up being late for work.. lol whoops.

06 June 2016
yeah i agree with Jonathan That last night was crazy) but it's good stress situation is good for your imagination

06 June 2016
Thank you Andrew! I've had fresh air with that big blue sky in my nostrils when I was creating this . Decision about sunset I've made after trying one of HDRIs frome Greg Zaal (hdrihaven.com) as source of the light in my scene. Immediately I fell in love with that light so I continued in that direction.

As for good stress situation and imagination - there is nothing that releases energy and creativity as the deadline . However that state used in longer period of time can make serious damage to the brain... So better not overuse it... too often .

And now... Aaaargh!!! I have no idea why I've send yesterday final image... without small piece of the tip of higher terrace... Probably it is not so noticeable, but... just for the record - here is version WITH that small piece of the tip of higher terrace (no other changes):

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/J...j8ywam.jpg.html

Another thing - yesterday I've uploaded 2400x1000 image and that image was showing here. Iv'e double checked that in home and in work. Today photobucket shows only small 1024x427 version (I hope bigger version went to judging process). And I had some issues with image size on photobucket before... I think I have to find another portal for hosting images - I can't trust photobucket anymore...

By the way - regarding missing "small piece of the tip of higher terrace" and "add/replace/polish so many things" mentioned above - I'm going to give extra time to it. Starting today - when air is still fresh in my head .

Regards
Jonatan

06 June 2016
Originally Posted by Jonatan-Moonchild: However that state used in longer period of time can make serious damage to the brain... So better not overuse it... too often .

Ha, I love that quote! So true. Nice work on your final image. The lighting is very dynamic, makes me feel soothed yet also apprehensive somehow.

06 June 2016
Thank you Christie! I'm glad you like it and I hope apprehension don't overwhelm you too much .

As for size of the image... I see that photobucket still doesn't support bigger images, so let mi upload it once again (no changes in comparison to the final except that small piece of the tip of higher terrace):

Link:
http://s19.postimg.org/tvi0pibdd/After_Final.jpg

Regards
Jonatan

07 July 2016
Hi Jonatan,

A few thoughts;

It's a nice 3d base with a good start, but definitely demands a little over painting and post textures. Replace the cliff face with real photo elements, add weathering to the concrete elements, offset and warp the glass reflections.

I think it would be very cool to see a version where the FG building is in shade.

I'd also open the FOV a little.

The vertical structure to the right needs some variation in the vertical design. You have some interesting designs in the base, that should reflect in the higher elements. Maybe some elements that cross back and forth.

I feel a need to see a third structure in the distance perhaps; rule of thirds etc

Watch out for repetition, ie, the trees need the hues breaking up a little, the distance buildings.

Otherwise, interesting environment

Best
David

07 July 2016
Hi David,

Thank you very much for your thoughts. Push it a bit forward is on my "to do" list (at the moment September is the most likely) and I will remember your advices when it comes to that. I'm not convinced to version with FG building in shade (just because I love it in that light, so it's completely subjective) but on the other hand - why not to try and see?

Thank you again David .

Regards
Jonatan

Last edited by Jonatan-Moonchild : 07 July 2016 at 02:10 PM.

07 July 2016
Ah, it would just make the drama a little more dynamic. But yes, each to their own

David

reply share thread