CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Visteon: Driving Innovation Challenge
Login register
reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 04-25-2014, 06:16 AM   #46
Doza3D
portfolio
United%2BStates

WIP - DLP Dashboard Concept

Here's a quick snapshot of the DLP (Digital Light Processing) dashboard concept.

I plan on replacing the existing steering wheel with one that will support my IVI menu system. There are automotive suppliers who have developed a steering wheel that allows for a docked phone, however in my concept I would like to integrate that touch based experience directly to the wheel and make it purpose built for the IVI menu system only (static/unchanging for safety).

The key innovative concepts in my design are:
  • DLP rear projected display for cluster and navigation which will allow for free-form dashboard designs and scalability for future technology
  • Electric to fuel modes presented uniquely on screen
  • Simplicity, form follows function design that makes the driving experience enjoyable yet safe

Lots more to come...

Thanks

Old 04-25-2014, 07:24 AM   #47
adib
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Adrian Baluta
Senior Animator Ubisoft Romania
Ilfov, Romania

Send a message via Yahoo to adib
Really nice! Great progress Doza3D
All the best

adib

Old 04-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #48
Doza3D
portfolio
United%2BStates

Quote:
Originally Posted by adib
Really nice! Great progress Doza3D
All the best

adib

Thanks adib!

Old 04-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #49
adib
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Adrian Baluta
Ilfov, Romania

Visteon:Driving Innovation Challenge-Adrian Baluta

http://challenge.cgsociety.org/vist...ogress/10007196

Update of my work.Hope you liked guys!
All the best

adib

Old 04-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #50
adescisc
Challenge Leader

portfolio

Hi Adib!

You have been making some good progress on this and its looking nice. A few suggestions to gear this more for the challenge:
  • Make sure you focus more on the interactions and the cockpit of the vehicle.
  • Focus on the way that the user interacts with the vehicle, and the cluster, ui, centerstack, and passenger digital screen. (graphics on these and how they are used are important.)
Best Regards,

-Andrew

Old 04-29-2014, 02:15 PM   #51
adescisc
Challenge Leader

portfolio

Hey Doza3D,

Great Progress! It is looking good!

Some feedback:
  • The Steering wheel (top half cut off) isn't very functional, is this for Autonomous use? When you go to user control does the steering wheel extend to make a place for the user to place their hands?
  • It looks like the steering wheel might be blocking some of the options on the screen behind it. Is there a better position for the wheel or for the content?
  • I really like how the screen wraps around the driver and gives him more of an isolated feel and I like how things are laid out.
  • The Speedometer and rpm etc (the cluster) looks like it is just floating in space in and just pasted compared to the rest of your graphics. I think you should integrate the cluster more into the background or make it so it matches the rest of your UI feel that you have created that works so well.
  • That being said, the form of your cluster is very nice, and compliments the form of your long screen very well.
  • In your video show how the user will be interacting with this interface and some nice transitions. You have a great start so far! Keep up the good work!
Best Regards,

Andrew

Old 04-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #52
Doza3D
portfolio
United%2BStates

Quote:
Originally Posted by adescisc
Hey Doza3D,

Great Progress! It is looking good!

Some feedback:
  • The Steering wheel (top half cut off) isn't very functional, is this for Autonomous use? When you go to user control does the steering wheel extend to make a place for the user to place their hands?
  • It looks like the steering wheel might be blocking some of the options on the screen behind it. Is there a better position for the wheel or for the content?
  • I really like how the screen wraps around the driver and gives him more of an isolated feel and I like how things are laid out.
  • The Speedometer and rpm etc (the cluster) looks like it is just floating in space in and just pasted compared to the rest of your graphics. I think you should integrate the cluster more into the background or make it so it matches the rest of your UI feel that you have created that works so well.
  • That being said, the form of your cluster is very nice, and compliments the form of your long screen very well.
  • In your video show how the user will be interacting with this interface and some nice transitions. You have a great start so far! Keep up the good work!
Best Regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the valuable feedback. I agree with your comments regarding the steering wheel and the cluster. I will continue development based on this feedback.

Thanks,
Doza

Old 05-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #53
adib
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Adrian Baluta
Ilfov, Romania

Visteon:Driving Innovation Challenge-Adrian Baluta

Some new renders.