Visteon: Driving Innovation Challenge - Support Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 03 March 2014   #16
Hi Tarek3d,

No worries about the questions, I'm here to answer them

"first, will i have to show how to implement the idea in the real world?"

How you choose to show the idea is completely up to you. Whether its a concept or it is shown in a real world circumstance makes no difference in this challenge as long as the idea behind it is conveyed well.

"second , shall i make a stunning lighting and rendering or just a model shows the idea?"

How you present this idea is completely up to you. I would suggest looking at the Prize Categories and figuring out what you are aiming for, then use that to gear your final comp. There are multiple different categories that will be looking at different aspects of your final image.

"and i've an idea but it's not about the cockpit or the screens
it's in the chair next to the driver
is it allowed to participate with it here?
"

Yes, anything that you can think of that will innovate/improve the user experience of being in the vehicle is a bonus.

Sorry for the delay in response to your questions. Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

Old 03 March 2014   #17
about Categories

There are so many categories (3D concept, animation, etc.) and each with the corresponding prize, but how do you qualify for the Grand Prize (Visteon Challenge) which is the only category that includes a 3D printer as a prize?

David Ramirez

Old 03 March 2014   #18
Where should we post a video WIP or Final?

Hi guys,

can we post a video WIP or Final on youtube or vimeo?

All the best

adib

Old 03 March 2014   #19
To qualify for the grand prize...

Here are the minimum requirements to qualify for consideration for the grand prize:

"To qualify for the grand prize, artists must create a cockpit concept (however they want to show it) that illustrates how the cockpit would look, including: what the dashboard looks like, how functions are interacted with, how information is presented to the user, and how the user would interact with the system."

Old 03 March 2014   #20
Hey Adib,

You can upload videos the same way they upload images, accepted file types. (mov, avi, mp4, flv)

-
Andrew

Old 03 March 2014   #21
Thank you adescisc!

Old 03 March 2014   #22
Question Wip ?

ehm , sorry I've a as doubt.. it's the first time for me in a 3d challenge on CGSociety, so I don't know vety well the rules and I've a stupid question..
Where I've post my WIP?
in "Sticky: Visteon: Driving Innovation Challenge - Discussion and WIP " or in "Visteon Challenge Entry - WIP Thread" or I have to open a personal WIP Thread?

thanks
Yogurt

Old 03 March 2014   #23
Hi Yogurt,

I stared my own thread Visteon Challenge Entry - WIP for my own entry.

All challenges have a Sticky up top for welcomed WIP posts and an open discussion for them.

Its been very popular in the past for many many challengers to create their own WIP threads featuring their work for everyone to see and comment on.

The challenge's page had an upgrade at some point, and now has a forum under each posting, making the original use of every ones own wip thread a little redundant.

Also, several of the recent challenges have had far less participants than some of the past challenges, there hasn't been nearly the amount of artistic work needing to be "organized" in such a way everyone could look through it.

So those two things together have kind of killed the practice it seems like, but never the less...
as far as I've been told you can start your own thread as I have, or post in the Sticky WIP section up top.

Cheers,
- Bergquist

Old 03 March 2014   #24
Originally Posted by Yogurt: Where I've post my WIP?
Please upload your WIP and Final entries to the challenge website for judging:
go to: http://challenge.cgsociety.org/visteon and click 'upload entry'.

Creating your own thread, or posting in the 'Discussion and WIP ' thread is an option if you want to discuss your WIP with the CGSociety community.

Old 04 April 2014   #25
Upload problem

Hi guys

I think there is an issue with the uploader. I can t upload anything on the challenge main page.

adib

Old 04 April 2014   #26
Originally Posted by adib: I think there is an issue with the uploader. I can t upload anything on the challenge main page.
Hello Adib, I can't see any problems. what happens when you attempt to upload, and what type of file are you uploading?

If you are still having the issue, you can email me the file and I will try it myself (info@cgsociety.org).

Old 04 April 2014   #27
Thanks Keenly!

was an issue with the file tipes.We don t see the file tipes in chrome only in explorer.But now I know what kind a file I should upload.

All the best

adib

Old 04 April 2014   #28
Hi Keenly and adescisc,

When I uploaded a video WIP yesterday, I noticed that the video quality reduces a lot of the finer details of my project. For the final version, will 1080p resolution videos be accepted by the uploader? I definitely want to show all the subtlety in my design if possible.

Thanks,
Doza

Old 04 April 2014   #29
Originally Posted by Doza3D: Will 1080p resolution videos be accepted by the uploader? I definitely want to show all the subtlety in my design if possible.

Hi Doza3D.

sorry we can currently only setup up to 720p, maximum file size is 500MB.

The challenge uploader will convert the video to the following settings:
format: flv
codec: h264 / mp3
aspect: 1280x720 preserve

You are welcome to post links to third-party sites to download the video in better quality if you wish.

Old 04 April 2014   #30
Actual Brand Name Items

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all of the additional information and clarifications on this thread. I've read through the FAQ and the Terms & Conditions and I would just like to be sure of a couple of things...

When showing integration with mobile devices, do the products have to be presented in a generic way (i.e. no-name smartphone or tablet), or can we refer to actual brands, like Apple, Google, Windows Mobile, etc? Also, would like to know the same regarding automobiles. If I film a person entering a vehicle, do I have to worry about hiding any logos of the manufacturer?

Thanks,
Tony

reply share thread