Inverted Vantage's WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

05 May 2014
Inverted Vantage's WIP

Just started this recently, though I've been thinking about it for awhile. The design relies on the user controlling the car mostly through gestures, with a HUD displayed using transparent OLEDs on the windshield, and a keypad for alphanumeric entry.

I have chosen this design path to minimize the time that the driver spends looking down/away from the road - the entire control mechanism of the car should be up in front of them, to maximize safety and control. The use of a physical keypad instead of a touchscreen enhances safety - users can feel the physical keys, and thus with practice do not have to look down and away from the road to type; unlike with touchscreens, where the lack of tactile feedback precludes one's ability to instinctively sense which keys they are pressing.

Still a WIP and I have to do the interface - so little time, so much to do! Thanks Visteon/CGSociety for the cool contest!

05 May 2014
Interesting cockpit design. Can't wait to see it more fleshed out.

05 May 2014
Nice design. Waiting for updates.
all the best

adib

05 May 2014
To make the interior, I decided that I had to make the exterior, or at least some rough mockup of it. I'm really trying to power through this, fingers crossed I can get it done on time. Next up is more of the interior. All next week: the interface.

05 May 2014
I know this doesn't show much, but it's more to keep me on track. Interface mockup. I hope I can finish all this in time >.<

05 May 2014
Hi InvertedVantage,

PM Suggestion incoming ...

My Basics Mel Scripts
~{xbo_::_Scripts}~

05 May 2014
nice! keep em coming!

05 May 2014
Just did 90% of the HUD. Now for animations, then some material changes, then rendering!

The HUD is shown with all windows open.

05 May 2014
Nice progress.

05 May 2014
Hi InvertedVantage,

Nice progress. Looks a lot better.

My Basics Mel Scripts
~{xbo_::_Scripts}~

05 May 2014
Thanks guys. Really doubtful I'm going to get the video done in time, but here's the boot-up sequence;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XU...eature=youtu.be

05 May 2014
Nice intro for the display.

05 May 2014
Nice progress, IV!

I like the boot up sequence. I would drive that car.

reply share thread