CGPortfolio Photoreal Interiors Upload Comp - May 14th - June 16th 2014

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2014   #16
Originally Posted by cwanstreet: We are looking for original material, ie: images not using models from existing libraries such as evermotion or dosch. The expectation is not that you have shot personally all textures, but the expectation would be that you created the materials yourself.

With respect to rendering.... all rendering engines are welcome, likewise with post production.

Hope this helps!

Thank you that does help! I was confusing materials with materials

Old 05 May 2014   #17
Hi all
Posting an older project.
http://pixela.cgsociety.org/art/vra...stic-3d-1011130

Hope I was able to edit the tag correctly.

Old 05 May 2014   #18
Is it really fare to the people who plan on doing the project within the month timeframe from scratch to have to compete with others who just upload work which could have been done over the span of a year?

Old 05 May 2014   #19
Originally Posted by Spencerrayfitch: Is it really fare to the people who plan on doing the project within the month timeframe from scratch to have to compete with others who just upload work which could have been done over the span of a year?

Hey - thanks for your comment. We believe a month is still long enough to create a beautiful piece of work.

Old 05 May 2014   #20
Office interior

this is a interior render of a office. used vray render

http://prapulr.cgsociety.org/art/re...king-3d-1185472

Old 05 May 2014   #21
Industrial Loft

Hi guys here my entry but im nos sure how to tag it, if anyone can help I really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
http://smsl26.cgsociety.org/art/3ds...stic-3d-1186270

Old 05 May 2014   #22
Lets give it a try

Hi guys,

This is my entry. It's the first interior render of me.

Made in 3Ds max and vray.

http://execuze.cgsociety.org/art/3d...ture-3d-1187377

Last edited by eXeCuze : 05 May 2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Forgot link

Old 05 May 2014   #23
tagging

Hi SMSL26,

To tag your work follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account
2. Go to your portfolio
3. click on the project you want to tag
4. Find the 'Tags' section on the right. Look for the red bar with the white 'TAGS' text.
5. Click the 'Edit' button
6. Enter the tag in the text entry box that appears
7. Hit Enter
8. You'll notice the 'Press enter to store an item' tool tip blocks the 'save' button so click out of the text entry box and then click the 'save' button. We will clean this up shortly as that tooltip should not be shown there!

That's it! I encourage you to add any tags to ALL your projects as our Galleries System uses tags to group projects into galleries.

Thanks,
Ben

Originally Posted by smsl26: Hi guys here my entry but im nos sure how to tag it, if anyone can help I really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
http://smsl26.cgsociety.org/art/3ds...stic-3d-1186270

Old 05 May 2014   #24
Originally Posted by prapulr: this is a interior render of a office. used vray render

http://prapulr.cgsociety.org/art/re...king-3d-1185472

Hi prapulr - to be eligible for the competition, you must tag your work "interiorsminicomp". You can go in and edit the tags as described by Ben above.

Old 05 May 2014   #25
We need you to tag your entries "interiorsminicomp" because....

...we can use the tag to build a gallery of entries - like this.

Here are the entries that have been successfully tagged and entered so far:

http://galleries.cgsociety.org/gall...teriorsminicomp

If you tag your entry correctly, it will automatically be added to the gallery, which will eventually be submitted to the judges for judging

Old 06 June 2014   #26
Originally Posted by Buscat: Hey - thanks for your comment. We believe a month is still long enough to create a beautiful piece of work.

True, but I believe that the point being made was one of advantage vs handicap. For example...

Assume the following conditions. Two people, you and I. Both of us are at the same skill level. Both of us have full time jobs. We both only get to create personal works in our spare time. You decide to create something original for this comp. I decide to dig out something from my HDD instead.

Without a deadline, my piece was finished when I said so, not when the calendar hit a certain date. I could have polished my piece to a fine shine over 3,4,5, or even 6 months. It's really not uncommon for people to work on these epic personal images for many months. I've seen some amazing pieces that took the artist the better part of a year to create. It not only happens, but it happens pretty often.

Effectively, in this example, my deadline was non existent. I had as long as I needed. You? You still only had a month. Period. Not a second or minute more.

A month is nothing to sneeze at, as you said. I agree. However, all things (eg. skill or daily commitment) being equal, original entries are still at a distinct disadvantage. You spend a month of your free time. I spend four of mine. It's almost like trying to compare a short film done by one guy VS a full length feature done by a team of 100.

TBH, I had considered entering, but decided against it once I saw that entrants weren't being required to create something specifically for this event. IMO, while I don't have a problem with previously created works being allowed, I'd have preferred that they be judged separately. Just to level the playing field.

Old 06 June 2014   #27
Originally Posted by ZefRonin: True, but I believe that the point being made was one of advantage vs handicap. .

Your point is a good one.

We can't change the rules this far in for this mini-comp, but we can ensure we place those limitations into the rules for the next comp we run, and we will.

So I guess that means that now (for this mini-comp) is a great time to haul out some of your past work, because next time, you'll have exactly 30 days

Old 06 June 2014   #28
Talking " Be an artist and Smile "

hey guys i m vikram and i am new here .. this is wat i got as in my interior work
hope i m not posting something wron if i do ten plezz let me know ,, thanxx

Old 06 June 2014   #29
Really outstanding designs.... guys god bless you all

Old 06 June 2014   #30
Interior Challenge Deadline question

Is the 16th of June included on the deadline, or is it until midnight of 15th of June?
I'm from Portugal, What time zone does it apply to?

reply share thread