Bergquist Game Entry! Muwahaha!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #31
Speed Model Update:

Hour 2:

Concept BlockOut of the Gauntlet Armor, Hood, and Neck Armor

Old 09 September 2013   #32
Speed Model Update:

Hour 3:
...hour 3 was worthless. The hood is not going to work out. It just doesn't have the sturdy and rugged look I wanted the guardsman to have.

Be back soon.
- Bergquist

Old 09 September 2013   #33
Speed Model Update:

Hour 4:
...hour 4 will be my last hour of so called speed modeling. Trying to come up with a armor set off the top of my head isn't happening too speedy, oh well

I will work on costume concepts for the rest of my evening and see if I can't come up with something a little more daunting by tomorrow.

Here is a couple shots of the mask/helmet style I was trying out.

Old 09 September 2013   #34
Hello Everyone,

After looking up more reference material and trying to find a suitable look for my enemy character, the Temple Guardsman, I have landed on a more Samurai meets Death Knight...
I deleted the hands and replaced them with very large gloves. Working them into the forearm armor pieces.
Along with the samurai helmet, I also shrunk the head area and replaced the character's face with a low poly extra dark version.

I'm not sure this is my final look, but I'm definitely liking this direction more than the last.

Old 09 September 2013   #35
Ello out there in CGS World!

Tonight I worked in ZBrush putting a few details into the torso of my enemy character, The Temple Guardsman!

Old 09 September 2013   #36
Ello Everyone,
Tonight I worked on finishing the details of the front torso on the Temple Guardsman!

Old 09 September 2013   #37
Temple Guardsman: Model & UV's

Hello CGS World!

Tonight I finished the modeling for my enemy character, The Temple Guardsman!

Here is a screen shot of the lowPoly model along side the texel check & UV layout on bottom.

Stay Tuned! Next up is textures and normal maps for Everything!

Old 09 September 2013   #38
Ello Everyone,

I just tested my normal map on my lowPoly Torso for the Temple Guardsman, and it turned out great!

Here's a quick shot from inside Maya of the lowPoly model with the Normal Map applied to the torso.

Old 09 September 2013   #39
Ello Everyone,

This afternoon I worked on a few different skin textures for my enemy character, the Temple Guardsman.
I decided to not go with a photo referenced look, but more of a fantasy statuesque.

Here is a shot with the color map, spec map, and normal map applied.

Old 09 September 2013   #40
Very cool guardsman! Looking terrific

Old 09 September 2013   #41
Hey Kanga!
Its nice to hear from you, and thank you so much for your kind words!

Ello to CGS!
Today I've taken my Temple Guardsman as far as I can with the time I have left.

I applied a base texture & AO to the entire model along with a couple extra tidbits like the detail in his rope belt and the Normal Map to match. I created all my base textures from random photos off Google image search.

If I have time I may go in and detail the armor on his legs and add some decoration to the cloth pieces around his lower body, but here is a shot of what he looks like as of now.

Old 09 September 2013   #42
I like the details in the torso. Very nice.

I wish you had been able to finish the hood, but the hat is more than good. I like it.

I can't wait to see the dog!

Old 09 September 2013   #43
Originally Posted by Bergquist: Ello Everyone,

This afternoon I worked on a few different skin textures for my enemy character, the Temple Guardsman.
I decided to not go with a photo referenced look, but more of a fantasy statuesque.

Here is a shot with the color map, spec map, and normal map applied.

That Torso texturing work is amazing! Especially the Normalmap makes it look just like the original highpoly. Can't wait to see him in-game and see how it works in Unity.

Old 09 September 2013   #44
Hey Etsu,

Yeah, the hood concept was interesting, and I really liked that look too, but it just didn't seem to look right when I had several of the same enemy running around; Fit more of a unique character type and not a mass soldier... Well, thats how it seemed anyway, hehe

Cross your fingers for me to have enough time to get the Hunting Dog in the game! I really liked that character too!

Thank you so much for you post Etsu! Cheers!
- Berqquist

Old 09 September 2013   #45
Hey XilenceX,
Thank you! I'm also very pleased with the result
I can't wait to show everyone some in-game guardsman destruction! muwahaha!

Thank you for you post! Cheers!
- Bergquist

Thread Closed share thread