TornadoTwins Game Challenge - Support Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

07 July 2013
Hello, is it team work or one man job?

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by remoteplayfreak
[list:
[*]Allegorythmic Substance - Download Link to Demo only downloads the 30 day trial.[/list]

The trial timer will be reset every 30 days for 90 days, so don't worry about it, you will be able to use it for the whole challenge, and apart from the time limit, the demo is exactly the same as the full version.

07 July 2013
I feel like we should have gotten unity pro license/trial available to us as well. And there is no requirements for a WIP thread on the forum which I also think should be required. Also to reply to the guy above. read the FAQ and terms and you will see that it is individual or teams.

07 July 2013
Also, I wouldnt mind a breakdown of the prizes based on placing, instead of the current per sponsor format. I want to know exactly what is for grabs for placing, honorable mention, and general participation.

07 July 2013
Confused about the substance designer trial period.

Originally Posted by MikeHepburn: Hiya, I'll have a look for you

Please have a look for me too because I'm getting confused about the 90 days trial. Allegoritmic does not give a clear answer how to get 90 days trial but 30.

Thank you

07 July 2013
Weapon Control

So when we enter this contest I was lead to believe that we get complete access to fps control but when I try to use the weapon control feature I have to purchase it. Are we supposed to be able to use it for free or what?

07 July 2013
Does the game have to be an FPS? Or can we use the tools provided to create another type of game?

07 July 2013
Silly question here - for some reason I can't log in on fpscontrol.com Says password is incorrect.
I emailed the support but as impatient as I am, I decided to register with my other email to just get the software and play around with it until the issue is solved. This time I made sure I didn't mistype my password by first typing it in Notepad and then copy-pasting it. Same thing :(

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong ?

07 July 2013
OK, excuse me for double posting - the thread is moderated so I can't edit my previous post.

If anyone out there has an issue logging in - probably it's your password to blame. I'm not sure what exactly the problem is but having a simple password like "hello1" works, having lower and uppercase + symbols (like "!"$" etc. ) results in username/password do not match in the login screen.

07 July 2013
Do I have to redownload a new FPS Control in order for the entry to count or could I just make new scenes with one that was downloaded prior to the challenge but is still 5.0?

07 July 2013
Mixamo Full Access?

Hey, "Full Mixamo access" was listed, but it is charging me $90 to download a character of more than 10,000 triangles which is not what is supposed to happen in full access. Is there a way to fix this? (This model is kind of essential to my game) Or is that just the deal that was struck and I'm down on my luck? ($90 is a LOT for a model. Well, for an indie game anyway...)

Thanks!

07 July 2013
Hey, how does one go about registering as a team?. Do we all need individual cg accounts or a shared one?.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by MikeHepburn: Hi Tommy,

No it's completely yours to sell We are hoping that people do finish their games!

Except mixamo? or including Mixamo.. The FAQ asks about using the free stuff from Mixamo in a Commercial venture, and the answer is "No, Mixamo kindly offered their products to be specifically used in this Challenge only."..

Does this mean that if we flesh-out and commercialize our project, we need to remove the Mixamo components at that point? Is that also true of any other components?

Or are the rules saying that as long as it's been submitted to the contest, it is open for further development, re-using the tools provided for the contest? (ie- additional levels using the same sounds, FPS controllers, and reusing the Mixamo animations for similar enemies or whatever, which is present in the original submission.)

As much as I enjoy free assistance like this, I think that might go against the spirit of everyone's generosity, and hope to see clarification of this detail to ensure no one does that without the explicit blessings of the associated parties. I will absolutely snap that deal up, personally, if that's what it means, but realistically, it seems WAY too good to be true.

07 July 2013
Mixamo All Access Includes?

I have created my account and it displays that I have "All Access". However, it appears that not all of the assets are free.

My understanding that all access meant that I would be able to use ANY of the assets. Is there a way to access all of the assets for free as part of this promotion?

07 July 2013
In the FAQ of the contest, there is a minimum age of 18 for all entrants. Is this an absolute must?

reply share thread