TornadoTwins Game Challenge - Support Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

07 July 2013
TornadoTwins Game Challenge - Support Thread

Welcome to the TornadoTwins Game Challenge Support Thread.

Please read the Instructions, FAQ, Terms & Conditions and other posts in this thread before asking a question.

Have fun and good luck.

Last edited by keenly : 07 July 2013 at 07:41 AM.

07 July 2013
Hey! First off: Awesome challenge, looking forward to all the entries.

I've encountered a few problems/bugs:
  • Allegorythmic Substance - Download Link to Demo only downloads the 30 day trial.
  • Boom Library - Following the link in the instructions eventhough you end up at a supposed affiliation page there is no download link whatsoever to be found.

Maybe someone can help with those, or it's just me being stupid

07 July 2013
Mixamo All Access

I'm not able to download any Mixamo content without paying. Is there some sort of trick?

07 July 2013
Why i can download for free only models from Mixamo, not animations (motions)?

07 July 2013
I'm not sure my game qualifies exactly as an FPS..

Guys , firstly , HUGE THANKS really. To TornadoTwins and everyone of the partners here. It's a really great opportunity and I'm sooo very thankful.

Now my question is that the game I have in mind is in fact in first person... but it's not exactly about shooting stuff. I think it's more of a First Person Puzzle game mixed with platforming.

What if my game is something somehow like Portal or Quantum Conundrum?

Is it ok to enter an entry like that?

07 July 2013
Youtube Videos

Hey guys,

I just wanted to notice you that most of the videos are not avalible from germany (due to GEMA Copyright(??)).
I'm gonna use a Proxy but just to notice.

07 July 2013
Awesome!

Hey, what an amazing challenge! It looks brilliant . However, I am under 18 years of age .. Is there anything I can do?? Enter it under someone elses name??? Please reply! I'm desperate to try the challenge haha. Thanks and good luck..

07 July 2013
I'm not sure my game qualifies exactly as an FPS..

Hello everyone and firstly big thanks to TornadoTwins and every partner involved in giving their resources for this competition.

Now my only doubt with the competition is that the game I have in mind is not exactly a first person shooter. The game IS in first person but it isn't about shooting something. It's more of a First Person Puzzle with platforming. Similar to Portal or Quantum Conundrum.

Is it okay to submit a game like that to this competition if i use FPS Control to make it?

And is it okay to use FPS Control WITH some of my own code?

Thanks again really.

Hitoshi

07 July 2013
Question

So i see for Participant to join they have to be 18+. I don't have any problem with this other than, since my team has members that are under that Age Range. Would we still qualify to join the competition as long as the leader is 18+?

07 July 2013
GameTextures and Mixamo All Access?

How do we obtain these? I've already signed up but I can't download any content without being asked to pay.

07 July 2013
The entrant grants Ballistic Media and challenge sponsors rights to use all entered materials in any media for sales, marketing and merchandising material provided full and correct credit for the artist clearly appears with said materials. - See more at: http://challenge.cgsociety.org/game...nditions#jumpto

Other than the rights assigned in the preceding clauses entrants retain copyright of all entered materials and are free to use said materials for personal promotions. - See more at: http://challenge.cgsociety.org/game...nditions#jumpto

Does this mean I can't sell my own game, except to be promoted for free? What if I wish to perhaps finish this game and perhaps sell it or something? Do I need Ballistic Media to do that?

07 July 2013
mixamo all access

hi,
first id like to say this contest looks awesome.
I already have a mixamo account and i would like to get the all access. Where exactly I have to enter, because when i log in a message appears sayin "welcome cgsociety contestant", but i have no idea how do i upgrade my license.
I would be great that you guys make a tutorial video of this.
thanks, and continue making contest like these

07 July 2013
Post Maximo and Weapon control

Why can't i get all access to Maximo for the challenge and for Fps Control when click the weapon control it ask me to purchase but was supposed to be free for the challenge.

07 July 2013
Help please!

I cant seem to get the Mixamo all-access to work?

07 July 2013
Questions

This challange is sooooo awesome !
But i have a few questions:

- Is it a problem if i make a game that isnt only two minutes long, but a full version game?
- I will use Unity Indie, will its decreased graphics compared to Unity Pro affect the judges decision on the game?
- Am i allowed to tweak FPS control to the level its almost unrecognizable?

reply share thread