Scifi hallway , Manuel+A. Fuentes+Zepeda+ (3d)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

07 July 2017
Scifi hallway , Manuel+A. Fuentes+Zepeda+ (3d)

Title: Scifi hallway

Name: Manuel+A. Fuentes+Zepeda+

Scifi hallway
I'm starting to work on building an environment art portfolio an make the transition from archviz to game art, this piece is inspired by Ken Fairclough's amazing concept https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xoPOX .

07 July 2017
This is looking great would like to see it with a bit more set dressing ( decals, tech lights, etc) ocean oil drilling facilities are good ref. keep us updated!*

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by Travis: This is looking great would like to see it with a bit more set dressing ( decals, tech lights, etc) ocean oil drilling facilities are good ref. keep us updated!*

thats good advice but this looks like a detailed modeling project.
a layer of texture and decals would pretty it up. But I think the modeling in here is above that of most scenes with great materials.

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by Travis: This is looking great would like to see it with a bit more set dressing ( decals, tech lights, etc) ocean oil drilling facilities are good ref. keep us updated!*

Thanks! I'm going to leave it like it is for now, I wanted to see how quickly I could finish the scene based on the concept. It took around 40 hrs.*
It would definitely look better with more set dressing decals particle effects etc , I've moved on to another quick project but*I might come back to it in the future once I learn a couple of new tricks and try to improve it.*

07 July 2017

Quote:
[table]Originally Posted by*Travis
This is looking great would like to see it with a bit more set dressing ( decals, tech lights, etc) ocean oil drilling facilities are good ref. keep us updated!*
[/table]*

Thanks! I'm going to leave it like it is for now, I wanted to see how quickly I could finish the scene based on the concept. It took around 40 hrs.*
It would definitely look better with more set dressing decals particle effects etc*, I've moved on to another quick project but*I might come back to it in the future once I learn a couple of new tricks and try to improve it.

I will definitely check out some oil drilling facilities and start a new reference folder, you can never have enough of those. Thanks Travis!

07 July 2017
I've updated the textures adding more dirt and details with substance painter, increased the lightmap quality, adjusted the light and added some water decals.
http://polycount.com/discussion/188...-hallway#latest
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ryPb6

reply share thread