Concept Jeep - Low Poly, DeepuDCS005 (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02 February 2016   #1
Concept Jeep - Low Poly, DeepuDCS005 (3D)



Title: Concept Jeep - Low Poly

Name: DeepuDCS005



Submitted: 4th February 2016

Concept Jeep - Low Poly
 
Old 02 February 2016   #2
Very nice. But I think you need to lose that "protruding toolbox thingee" in front. Maybe mount it on the roof and have a ladder down one of the sides so people can get up to it.

I think I know what you were trying to do... to make the front more interesting. But sometimes just having a nice clean profile on the front works better.

Try it out and see for yourself.
__________________
"Your most creative work is pre-production, once the film is in production, demands on time force you to produce rather than create."
My ArtStation
 
Old 02 February 2016   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan
Very nice. But I think you need to lose that "protruding toolbox thingee" in front. Maybe mount it on the roof and have a ladder down one of the sides so people can get up to it.

I think I know what you were trying to do... to make the front more interesting. But sometimes just having a nice clean profile on the front works better.

Try it out and see for yourself.


Tool Box? lol
That's not a tool box "thingy",that's part of the motor/engine....lol,tool box.omgosh.
 
Old 02 February 2016   #4
sweet

nice concept, how much is the polycount?
 
Old 03 March 2016   #5
Nice concept. I however do agree with CGI Padawan about the box on the front. It looks like it is just plopped there. I would think about its form and function

I don't understand why CgStudios is lol; CGI Padawan made a justifiable critique. Now if that is an engine, I would like for you to think of a couple of things. If this is a military vehicle, as it gives the appearance of it being so, one why is the engine so small. I would think that such a powerful looking vehicle would need a bigger engine. Two, why is the engine in such a compromising position. It paints a clear target for the enemy to quickly disable it with it protruding like that. It doesn't look armored enough to withstand basic arms fire.

This is my opinion, and with all critiques, take what you will from it!
 
Old 03 March 2016   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JbImagine
Nice concept. I however do agree with CGI Padawan about the box on the front. It looks like it is just plopped there. I would think about its form and function

I don't understand why CgStudios is lol; CGI Padawan made a justifiable critique. Now if that is an engine, I would like for you to think of a couple of things. If this is a military vehicle, as it gives the appearance of it being so, one why is the engine so small. I would think that such a powerful looking vehicle would need a bigger engine. Two, why is the engine in such a compromising position. It paints a clear target for the enemy to quickly disable it with it protruding like that. It doesn't look armored enough to withstand basic arms fire.

This is my opinion, and with all critiques, take what you will from it!


Just JbImagime it's a filter or similar for desert climates.It could be a myriad of different things and to sit there and say shoulda ,woulda,coulda means you shoulda,woulda,coulda so let's see how you would do it instead of yapping.That's my point.
 
Old 03 March 2016   #7
Nowhere did I say coulda, shoulda, woulda, don't put words in my mouth. I was merely commenting on how you came across as disrespectful to someone offering constructive criticism. I also offered my own constructive criticism; you should learn what that is. You sound very sensitive, willing to criticize someone, but unwilling to accept criticism yourself. If that is the case, good luck on your career.
 
Old 03 March 2016   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JbImagine
Nowhere did I say coulda, shoulda, woulda, don't put words in my mouth. I was merely commenting on how you came across as disrespectful to someone offering constructive criticism. I also offered my own constructive criticism; you should learn what that is. You sound very sensitive, willing to criticize someone, but unwilling to accept criticism yourself. If that is the case, good luck on your career.



Sorry....sheesh!
 
Old 03 March 2016   #9
very good modelling i like it
 
Old 04 April 2016   #10
From a practical point of view, the design is all wrong, its very front heavy, even more so with the engine protruding out of the front, particularly in light of the short wheel base and axle positioning. I like the overall look and little details, like the tire tread pattern on the mirrors, so its a nice model, just not thought out very well if it where to apply to the real world.
__________________
meh.........
 
Old 04 April 2016   #11
Cool design!

About the "toolbox", I think it all depends on what purpose and what role it could play in a movie or game, etc. With this kind of nose it gives it a funny and original look and it could be what it needs depending on the context of its role.

cojngrats!
 
Old 08 August 2016   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgstudios
Sorry....sheesh!


Why are you apologizing?

It's not worth losing sleep over... but my only opinion given the heft and shape of the vehicle was that a completely flat front area (without the "engine protrusion") would have looked better.

But as I said in the original critique... I think I can understand what was his intent. Sometimes you do want to "mix it up" in an obvious area like the front.

That's it.

For all we know the engine of this truck is in the rear! or in the middle!
__________________
"Your most creative work is pre-production, once the film is in production, demands on time force you to produce rather than create."
My ArtStation
 
Old 09 September 2016   #13
For all we know the engine of this truck is in the rear! or in the middle! " - Seriousely bro???...

Why cant it be in the front ?..

For god sake..it is just a concept..i made it 3d from a 2d reference i saw in deviant art..i just modified a little with extra nuts, more safe guard bars and lights.

NOTE : its smeones design..i just made it look little more cooler

thnx for notifying all the mistakes and ur views
 
Old 10 October 2016   #14
hey bro be a stud and give credit to the designer at Deviant Art too k? Who drew it up?
 
Old 10 October 2016   #15
Cool concept but yeah, too be fair crediting the reference's author by name, would be the done thing. As for the model aestheticaly looks suitably robust, whether recreation offroad or military application, said with firsthand experience in the latter.
__________________
I like criticism, but it must be my way. - Mark Twain
 
reply share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.