Stormbringer - The Order of X, Nate Hallinan (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
Stormbringer - The Order of X, Nate Hallinan (2D)

Title: Stormbringer - The Order of X
Name: Nate Hallinan
Software: Photoshop
Submitted: 21st August 2013

The Order of X is a personal fan-fiction variation on the X-Men. I thought it would be a fun exercise to reimagine the X-Men in an alternate medieval/fantasy reality.

Stormbringer (Ororo)
As a young adult, Xavier met Ororo as a child on one of his quests. He caught her trying to steal his coin purse with his mind, but when he did, he saw her potential. He offered her a home where she would never have to steal again. Henrick McCoy took her in as one of his apprentices.

Ororo eventually developed the ability to manipulate weather. For obvious reasons, she gained the name Stormbringer. Many presume that she is a witch from a distant land, even worse, some even fear that she has control of Xavier's mind with a spell. Unwavering to these rumors, Xavier considers Ororo as one of his most trusted counselors.

(Personal Notes) I really liked playing up the idea of a priestess or white robed witch for Storm in this type of genre. The contrast of looking feminine or fragile (unfit for battle) yet being extremely powerful. I really love characters that hide their potential.

More characters explorations from this series can be found on my FB Page. http://www.facebook.com/NateHallinanArt
- or -
NateHallinan.com

08 August 2013
Reading your description makes me think of the good ol' MMO term glass cannon.
Another winner, love this rendering.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

08 August 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread