CG CHALLENGE XXII - TEN (Image) - Mario Taboada

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
CG CHALLENGE XXVII - TEN (Image) - Mario Taboada

I just got some free time to enter the contest, so.. Iīm in!
Playing with some ideas on my sick mind now..

Last edited by mtd2004 : 11 November 2012 at 01:14 AM.

Old 11 November 2012   #2

Last edited by mtd2004 : 12 December 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Old 11 November 2012   #3
Update on this character..

Old 11 November 2012   #4
"One site to rule them all..."

"one site to rule them all.. "
This is my idea for the contest Basically representing what cgsociety and 3d software is for me (and for other thousands of artists), a place to learn from, look for inspiration, stay tuned with latest news in the industry, etc and grouping the most important pieces of software which make our lifes easier day after day, or at least which helps us to make real our dreams.. So what I want to show is basically the "inside" of this concept I have from the cgsociety, a group of 10 pieces of main software ruled by the site .. hope it makes sense
Right now I m posing one of the 10 characters I want to include in the final render, so far itīs 75% modeled and unwrapped, so itīs time to pose him and move to the next one.. I will add the rest of details in textures, hope you like it so far

Old 11 November 2012   #5
Nice progress!
All the best

Old 11 November 2012   #6
second character first wip

@adib: Thank you very much

Here is my first wip on my character #2 for my scene, hope you like it

Old 11 November 2012   #7
Char#1 wip4 ..

Update on the first character...

Old 11 November 2012   #8
Nice modelling. It seems to be coming together.

Only issue I see so far is the head and hair of the boy. The head seems off center- (maybe just the angle?) The hair seems unfinished and out of place, not like the hair of the other character, which is perfectly set to the model.

Old 11 November 2012   #9
hi

nice design , i like much this character 2# looks so 80-90ties mtv style
staszek@staszekmarek.com

Old 11 November 2012   #10
Definitive look..

@grumposaur, @Staszek, Thank you very much for the feedback guys

I ve finally closed some project works and will have much more time to dedicate to the contest I wasnīt really happy with the character studies I ve been doing, they didnīt match at all the style I m looking for my image, so I ve decided to move into another direction which I think will fit much better my goal.. I want some kind of stylized-cartoon characters, so I can add more detail to them, this is my start so far, I will finally move into this mood, hope you like it so far Thanks.

Old 11 November 2012   #11
v3Wip2

Here we go with some props and start of the hair I ve been doing today.. Once I have the scene setup will check if I proceed with modeled hair or simulation, hope you like how is going

Old 11 November 2012   #12
Anothe update for today..

I ve started painting the diffuse map on this guy, just some color so far, no sss or specular yet, ...

Old 11 November 2012   #13
The latest model looks spectacular. Can't wait to see him finished.

Old 12 December 2012   #14
fantastic model and textures so far, you've set yourself a lot of work with ten characters to finish, best of luck though, it will be great to see it come together!!

Old 12 December 2012   #15
update

@grumposaur, Thanks mate, me too
@Emptyshell, Thanks! yep, itīs going to be hard to finish everything as I want but will do my best

Here is a new update, this morning I ve been moving things back to max and starting to work on the skin shader for this guy, still needs a lot of tweaks here and there (appart of course for the eyes and hair, which are missing right now), I post here some captures of the process in case anyone find them useful .. This evening will start working on some of the other characters of the scene, which I ve been concepting during the weekend, so more later!

Thread Closed share thread