CGChallenge XXVII - TEN - azazel

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #46
Sure! I can't promise I'll implement it, but go ahead .

Old 12 December 2012   #47
I though that another "layer" of vegetation closer to the camera would help give more perspective and even drag in the observer into this nature. I see this beatiful landscape and I almost wish I was more inmersed into it. It also feels like we see no beggining or end this way, instead of having it presented in a more "general view" style.

Either way it's looking great, I think it's the best I've seen so far in the challenge! Cheers!

Old 12 December 2012   #48
I see what you mean. I've had this comment from other sources as well. The way you did it, it messes the count of things - ten of those big structures, ten 'mushroom' plants. I'l see if I can get this result with some other objects. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 12 December 2012   #49
Oh I see, I didn't realize there was 10 of each.
I love the atmosphere you generated in the image, and the guy taking a picture was a really clever addition to add a sense of scale (and it also adds to the marvel of the whole place).
Definitely my favorite piece so far.

Old 12 December 2012   #50
Added some foreground elements. Not sure yet if I like them.

Old 12 December 2012   #51
better without, imo. it "closes the image".
maybe if the FG elements ran into the image rather than flat. but i doubt it.
anyhow merry christmas!

Old 12 December 2012   #52
Very nice mood. I like colors too.

Old 12 December 2012   #53
It kicks some major... . As always, as always.

On fourth look- I think there are just too many planet shapes. I understand you are not really aiming for physical accuracy (and I am totally fine with it) but they seem to clutter composition a bit. Just my 3 c.

Old 01 January 2013   #54
But the 10 moons are one of the points of the image . They stay. Anyway, thanks everyone for the feedback, comments and crits - much appreciated. The final entry is here:

http://challenge.cgsociety.org/ten/..._image/10003635

Not much changed from previous version - just decided to go with 'open' composition. Good luck to everyone.

Old 01 January 2013   #55
Congratulations you did an masterpiece! So nice and when you look close you discover more and more detail on the story.

Bravo!

All the best!

Old 01 January 2013   #56
Congrats for finishing. The result looks great.

Old 01 January 2013   #57
Gorgeous piece- I prefer the 'open' view, too, good call there. Good luck!

my steampunk

Old 01 January 2013   #58
In the end, this worked out great. Some of the best use of 3D I have seen in a 2D image. It is blended with the painted elements (the camera man) perfectly. Bravo.
MY FACEBOOK ART PAGE!
MY DEV-ART PROFILE!
MY CG HUB PROFILE!

Old 01 January 2013   #59
Originally Posted by PavelSokov: In the end, this worked out great. Some of the best use of 3D I have seen in a 2D image. It is blended with the painted elements (the camera man) perfectly. Bravo.

But.. but... the camera man is 3d as well, actually everything here is 3d. Only 2d stuff here is smoke/atmosphere.

Old 01 January 2013   #60
Great job , azazel! A winner for sure!

Thread Closed share thread