CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > CGChallenge XXVII - TEN
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Sundaynights
Superhero Wannabe

portfolio
Monica Rolke
Frankfurt, Germany

CGChallenge XXVII - TEN - Monica Rolke

Hi guys,

I want to join and see how far I get within the time and if I can manage to model, texture and light a scene (don't have much practice at the last too things though...).

I will go for a 3D still image.

The picture will be of a lil cute kid who is doing cookies for the 10 anniversery of the CG society, with lots of ten's in there.

I am still collecting references, when I think I got enough I will sort out the scene details and make a quick scetch how I think the camera should be placed. Update soon.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
mmoir
ya win some ya lose some
portfolio
Mike Moir
Ontario, Canada

Sundaynights ,
Good luck with your entry and look forward to your sketch. These challenges are great for pushing yourself to get better, at least for me it is. .

Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
whom

Sundaynights, thanks for the link in speed modeling, sounds like a cool idea.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Sundaynights
Superhero Wannabe

portfolio
Monica Rolke
Frankfurt, Germany

Hey whom,

might also for you be a good idea to participate! If you like you can use the SMC for doing your props

-----

I wish I would be better in drawing - made a few scetches but nothing I would want to show - so I am right now busy modelling the stuff I want to show and will then experient in placing all the items to get a good picture (even without composition-knowledge...). I hope I will be done soon with the most part of the modelling (without the extra sculpting) - and maybe I will change to a cake not cookies.

some more and better scetches would help to get a better idea what would work - hm. Will work on it, we will see ^^

Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
Sundaynights
Superhero Wannabe

portfolio
Monica Rolke
Frankfurt, Germany

At last here my concept! I drew a few scetches on paper (much more better than on PC...) and then placed some items and the Andy Rig in the scene to visualize better.
What do you think? I will model her of course, I have something Agnes-Style (dispicable me) in mind. The cake will be from ten different layers (hopefully I will learn with that shading and texturing!), and on the table there will be lying around lots of stuff. I think good shading and texturing will be the half way there, so I have to improve badly! But first all the modelling

Concept_CameraAnglePlacement01 von Sundaynights auf Flickr

Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread