CGChallenge XXVII - TEN - patrick schemat

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
CGChallenge XXVII - TEN - patrick schemat

hi there, best luck to all

first idea:
a selfemployed math teacher in a far world showing the young ones how to count in different cultures. he points at the ten that is a special number.

10 October 2012
Looking good there

nice start there,can't wait to see what animation film you come up with.

10 October 2012
Great idea! An hi profile idea i think. It may be a great image. The concept you post is...intense.
Ps: forgive my english! I was away form the forum for while, and my E-skills are a bit rusty!
Anyway...cool start.

-OZ-

B-movie

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by AbsorbentGhost: nice start there,can't wait to see what animation film you come up with.

hi absorbentghost,
unfortunately it will be no animation but a 2d image

@OZ:
thank you - and regarding your english, it's ok for me

meanwhile...
it is only an idea, and currently i'm gathering information about "10" and thinking about a good perpective to transport the idea of the number that looks almost identical to our 'real' 10 clearly to the viewer.
also, there is a small addition written on the wall (II+II8=I0).
there will be some childs sitting around the teacher, one might count his fingers, another ones throws some coins (or other form of currency) in the teachers basket and others are staring on the wall with the written numbers. i like the idea of childs enjoying maths/numbers, perhaps because the teacher uses some fancy magic tricks while teaching.

and here the explanation of the numbers:
I (1) =1
II (1+1) =2
o (3) =3
Io (1+3) =4
IIo (1+1+3) =5
8 (3+3) =6
I8 (1+3+3) =7
II8 (1+1+3+3) =8
0 (9 or 'huge 3' or 3) =9
I0 (1+9) =10

Last edited by Bran : 10 October 2012 at 06:18 AM.

10 October 2012
update:

i tried to incorporate the 10 as a part of the image (marked in red), but i'm not sure that this could turn out good.
meanwhile working on other ideas.

10 October 2012
Hey Bran, if you ask me, I would say that this feels a bit forced. Don't try to hard with the 10. Make something fun for the viewer. Make him enjoy your approach. For me, math never was very entertaining in terms of " I want a movie (or a comic, etc) based on math!"
... but that's maybe just weird me.

10 October 2012
Hi Bran,

I like this idea and found your number sytem interesting . I sort of agree with yakonusuke about "forcing' the 10 in the image but it is hard to say right now with the red lines, without the red lines it may be subtler I don't know... I am looking forward to your next update.

10 October 2012
This is looking like a great start. Can't wait to see more

10 October 2012
Hi! Cool new concept. I partially agree with yakonusuke. I think is not necessary to incorporate the number ten at any cost, anyway i dont find the way you did it as forceg. I like it al last.
Maybe i like more the first concept. In some ways look more...mumble...how i can say...sacred. Just a question. Did you imagine your characters as humans or something different?

-OZ-

B-movie

10 October 2012
thanks for the feedback, guys!
i try to push the 10 more in the background and leave it not that much plain.

Quote: Did you imagine your characters as humans or something different?

they are kinda humans, yep.

ah, and tomorrow i'll post idea no. 2 - its kind of funny stuff

Last edited by Bran : 10 October 2012 at 08:10 PM.

10 October 2012
idea no. 2:
"10 ep until level up!"

for sure almost every roleplayer had this situation:
coming back from a great adventure or battle, the game master gives experience points for the fulfilling - and one player shouts: "nooooooo! only 10 (or less) experience points until my character gets level x! are there any animals that provide some points around here?"
game master: "well, uh, there are some rabbits and rats and stuff like that, nothing serious around the city."
player: "damnit. my character gets his weapon and charges at all that moves here! need that level up!"
game master: *sigh*

hope you like it.
im thinking of inserting some hints to ten in the image, by example ten rats or a "1d10 + 10 against noobs" on the hammer.
first image i'll paint in this kind of exaggerated style, truly a challenge!

10 October 2012
started coloration of idea no 2 "10 ep until level up!" while trying to find idea no 3.

10 October 2012
eheheheheheh! very very very nice!
-OZ-

B-movie

10 October 2012
last one is just great !!

love it!!

cheers and good luck

10 October 2012
It's awesome and cool story and also brilliant work....Bran.Love it so much.........

Thread Closed share thread