CGChallenge XXVII: TEN Support Forum

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 10 October 2012   #61
Can an entry be in a form of a movie trailer, or it has to be a short animation?

Old 10 October 2012   #62
Hi,

there is a problem on my account on my uploads is a different name see attachment.

can we fix this? Thanks!

Old 10 October 2012   #63
Originally Posted by MikeHepburn: Yep, it's because you're a new member. The first thread has to be moderated to guard against spammers. You'll be up and running shortly!

Ok, thank you.

Old 10 October 2012   #64
Originally Posted by adib: Hi,

there is a problem on my account on my uploads is a different name see attachment.

can we fix this? Thanks!

Eep! thanks adib, all fixed

Last edited by keenly : 10 October 2012 at 12:16 AM.

Old 10 October 2012   #65
Originally Posted by grumposaur: With the 500MB max limit for video, and also a 30-60sec trailer, I would assume the movie would need to be much longer than the trailer. Could you make a 1:00min movie and 15sec trailer?

Hiya Scott,

It's actually 500mb per upload, not all videos combined. We would prefer a more meaty trailer of around 30 seconds. Hey, I guess the movie can be shorter than the trailer if you can get that work

Check out the Dreamscape Video Master for good examples... http://challenge.cgsociety.org/drea...inal_video/5373

Cheers, Mike

Old 10 October 2012   #66
Originally Posted by DruG: Can an entry be in a form of a movie trailer, or it has to be a short animation?

Yes. Don't forget that the video deliverables are... a 30-60 second trailer, 'making of' and the final HD video. So, if the final video is a trailer, it will need to add substantially to the trailer of the trailer... if you get my meaning

Old 10 October 2012   #67
Originally Posted by Citizen Suicide: Sounds good, going to give this a try, don't believe I'll get a mention, but should be fun nonetheless. In the interests of using it as a learning experience, I might try out a technique I've wanted to use for a personal project, using an all opensource software stack. I'd need to use characters generated by MakeHuman, is it acceptable to use generated characters instead of ones made entirely by myself?

Also is it ok to also upload pictures to my own website during the challenge so friends/family who don't come here can follow along?

Hi Sean,

Sounds ok - there are no limitations to software used, although you should add to it significantly, as stock models/materials etc can stand out and won't look like as much effort.

That's fine to show concepts and WIPs on your personal site. Please credit and link back to the Challenge.

However, your final image must not be shown anywhere but on CGSociety prior to the judging stage. Don't forget that at least 2 WIPs need to be uploaded to the Challenge Engine.

Old 10 October 2012   #68
Originally Posted by MikeHepburn: Hi Sean,

However, your final image must not be shown anywhere but on CGSociety prior to the judging stage. Don't forget that at least 2 WIPs need to be uploaded to the Challenge Engine.

Just want to confirm. Does that mean we can post the final image on our portfolio/blog site only after the deadline?

Thanks.

Available for freelance

--
Blog -- Portfolio -- Ten --

Old 10 October 2012   #69
Originally Posted by MikeHepburn: Yes. Don't forget that the video deliverables are... a 30-60 second trailer, 'making of' and the final HD video. So, if the final video is a trailer, it will need to add substantially to the trailer of the trailer... if you get my meaning

That's actually where my question came from thanks!

Old 10 October 2012   #70
Quote:
  • Q: What deliverables are there for a video entry?

At least one submission for each milestone including a 30-60 second trailer, 'making of' and the final HD video.

Out of curiosity, the trailer, "making of" and final are considered to be the milestones here?

Also, what type of format are we required to submit the "making of" in?

Old 10 October 2012   #71
Just a quick question for the video/team video category: Maybe I haven't searched enough, but in the previous contests, video participants usually had extra time to finish after the image entries were due. Is there a separate deadline for videos?

Old 10 October 2012   #72
Originally Posted by mic: Just want to confirm. Does that mean we can post the final image on our portfolio/blog site only after the deadline?

Thanks.

That's correct.

Old 10 October 2012   #73
Originally Posted by Nevolutionize:

[/list]Out of curiosity, the trailer, "making of" and final are considered to be the milestones here?

Also, what type of format are we required to submit the "making of" in?

That's correct.
The format for the 'making of'' is the same as the Final Video technical requirements from the FAQ.

Old 10 October 2012   #74
Originally Posted by grumposaur: Just a quick question for the video/team video category: Maybe I haven't searched enough, but in the previous contests, video participants usually had extra time to finish after the image entries were due. Is there a separate deadline for videos?

Hi, unfortunately no. The deadline is the same for both.

Old 10 October 2012   #75
Looking forward to this!

What is considered for judging? Are the milestones (trailer, making of, etc) lumped in with your final video and judged all together or are they just a requisite for your final piece to be considered?

reply share thread