MARI: Texture Challenge - Support Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 10 October 2012   #46
Wip Posting

Just a bit of confusion. Do I upload more images though the "Upload Entry" button on the Main Mari Challenge page ? Or do we append at the bottom of our "Entry Page" ?

Old 10 October 2012   #47
Originally Posted by DarrenB: Hi,
I'm not sure if I am missing something here, but I cannot upload any Wips.
I select 'Upload Entry', Click 'Select Your File', find the jpg I want to upload and select it.
Then nothing happens - I just see the same box saying 'Pick a File'.
Am I doing something wrong?

Heya,

Sounds like a browser issue. Could you please try another browser, if problems persist email info@cgsociety.org

Cheers, Mike

Old 10 October 2012   #48
Hi guys,

I requested the mari trial extension and got my email and activation key. Used the key with the FLU and it said it was installed but the mari launch windows shows that I'm about to expire, only 1 day remains! I tried putting the key into the "activate license or use server" bit but it says the key is already installed.

Is it normal to say only 1 day left and then restart or are you guys getting x number of days extended? I want to email foundry asap if its not normal.

Old 10 October 2012   #49
Extended licence

Originally Posted by nsb: Hi guys,

I requested the mari trial extension and got my email and activation key. Used the key with the FLU and it said it was installed but the mari launch windows shows that I'm about to expire, only 1 day remains! I tried putting the key into the "activate license or use server" bit but it says the key is already installed.

Is it normal to say only 1 day left and then restart or are you guys getting x number of days extended? I want to email foundry asap if its not normal.

Hi there, it sounds to me like you have 2 licences installed, probably the free 14 day trial and the extended licence. If this is the case, when your 14 day licence expires MARI should automatically switch to the extended licence.

Having said that, if you still have problems just email support@thefoundry.co.uk and they will get you sorted ASAP!

Hope this helps

Best

Tom

Old 10 October 2012   #50
Thanks Tom. I'll wait until tomorrow when Mari expires and see what happens

Old 11 November 2012   #51
Originally Posted by Puzzle3d: Just a bit of confusion. Do I upload more images though the "Upload Entry" button on the Main Mari Challenge page ? Or do we append at the bottom of our "Entry Page" ?

Hi,

Yep, use the main upload button. After you upload your image, you will then have the option to categorize it as a WIP, concept, or final image.

Cheers, Mike

Old 11 November 2012   #52
OBJs and Images in Mari

Thanks Mike - just seen your reply so sorry for delay in thanking you - Ryan emailed me with the problem and sorted it.

Can I just ask a question about Mari. Does it save the model and images (in the images section) as part of an archive? I have used my posed model as a second version of the obj with slightly altered UV's, and wondered if Mari just referenced the paths to these or saved a copy.

Cheers
Darren

Old 11 November 2012   #53
Whats the best way to link multi-udim texture models in Maya? Is it just a layered node with add/lighten- pros/cons to this setup? Its starting to get abit screwy with me atm where I'm having to degamma scalar, update textures as working trying while not to break things when adding textures etc... its a real time drainer.

Maybe some of the experience mari guys can chime in here and give us all the best workflow for this

Old 11 November 2012   #54
Are you using the export for Maya script in Mari. It is under the Python tab. It will create a .ma file that you can import into your maya scene that has all your textures hooked up to a layered textured node.
Just make sure that none of your channel names have a dash in it or it will error out.

Old 11 November 2012   #55
Originally Posted by negativespace: Are you using the export for Maya script in Mari. It is under the Python tab. It will create a .ma file that you can import into your maya scene that has all your textures hooked up to a layered textured node.
Just make sure that none of your channel names have a dash in it or it will error out.

Thanks alot for that tip! The option is abit hidden away so I didnt notice that mari had this

Old 11 November 2012   #56
Anomalies in mesh, UVs or MARI?

I am having a spot of bother with the mesh where the patches meet. Please see this thread:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=46&t=1080563

Anybody else with the same problems?

Marque Pierre Søndergaard
Texture Artist!
- Blog - IMDb

Old 11 November 2012   #57
Originally Posted by DarrenB: Thanks Mike - just seen your reply so sorry for delay in thanking you - Ryan emailed me with the problem and sorted it.

Can I just ask a question about Mari. Does it save the model and images (in the images section) as part of an archive? I have used my posed model as a second version of the obj with slightly altered UV's, and wondered if Mari just referenced the paths to these or saved a copy.

Cheers
Darren

Hi Darren,

Yes the Images in the Image Manager palette are saved as a local copy in the Mari archive.

Cheers,
Mike

Old 11 November 2012   #58
Thanks Mike

Old 11 November 2012   #59
I have created a zipped file of the Maya scene and the Mari archive . Could you tell me how to upload them because I cannot select them in the upload section (it only seems to allow for image and video formats).
Cheers
Darren

Old 11 November 2012   #60
Originally Posted by DarrenB: I have created a zipped file of the Maya scene and the Mari archive . Could you tell me how to upload them because I cannot select them in the upload section (it only seems to allow for image and video formats).
Cheers
Darren

Hi Darren,

You can start a thread here... http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=347 and upload your file.

Cheers, Mike

reply share thread