A Decisive Moment - Support Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2012   #61
Originally Posted by Kinematics: Is there a cut-off that for the submission of the 2 necessary WIPS to stay in the competition?
Thank you.

As long as all the deliverables arrive prior to the deadline you should be OK. However, part of the spirit and fun of these competitions is to share your work as you progress, so it would be great if you could get some WIPs in prior to the final deadline.

Also, it's good to upload something way before the deadline to ensure that you do not have technical issues - it's easy to help with tech issues 21 days prior to deadline, almost impossible with 21 minutes

Old 06 June 2012   #62
Multiple scene angles of same entry

Respected Sir Or madam
Can I send mulple camera angle imgaes of same entry

Welcome to the V-Ray Anniversary Challenge: A Decisive Moment Support Thread.

Please read the FAQ, Terms & Conditions and other posts in this thread before asking a question.

Have fun and good luck.[/QUOTE]

Old 06 June 2012   #63
Originally Posted by santuand3dworld: Respected Sir Or madam
Can I send mulple camera angle imgaes of same entry

Hiya,

You can. However, only one can be chosen to go into the judging round, so I would recommend you spend your time on making the one angle perfect.

Old 06 June 2012   #64
Vray For Matrix

Hey Mike,
I own the licence of Matrix7, so am I allowed to take a part in this competition,
with Vray for Matrix the maximum resolution I can get is 1920x1080,
Regards,
Rehan Sheikh

Old 07 July 2012   #65
Originally Posted by RehanSheikh: Hey Mike,
I own the licence of Matrix7, so am I allowed to take a part in this competition,
with Vray for Matrix the maximum resolution I can get is 1920x1080,
Regards,
Rehan Sheikh

Hiya,
Yes, join in the fun!

Old 07 July 2012   #66
VRay Licence

What happened to the VRay temp licence in the FAQ? How do I get a temp licence? It was in the FAQ a few days ago but it looks like it's been removed.
www.anticz.com
www.nyxies.com
===================

Old 07 July 2012   #67
Originally Posted by anticz: What happened to the VRay temp licence in the FAQ? How do I get a temp licence? It was in the FAQ a few days ago but it looks like it's been removed.

Hi Mike,

The reason is that Chaos Group have to physically ship licenses via post and people won't be able to get them and render their image by 15 July. Let me see what I can do.

Old 07 July 2012   #68
Originally Posted by MikeHepburn: Hi Mike,

The reason is that Chaos Group have to physically ship licenses via post and people won't be able to get them and render their image by 15 July. Let me see what I can do.

That's real disappointing. Maybe I could contact one of the retailers to see if they provide evaluation copies.

Old 07 July 2012   #69
Talking Confusion...

Hi everyone! I'm just a bit confused about the use of 2D softwares :

From what I understand it is allowed to compose passes or parts of your image as long as you render them in V-ray but is it allowed to tweak the levels/curves/colors etc.... of the image or are we just allowed to comp passes?

What about effects such as depth of fields or lens flares added in post, are those allowed (if yes do we lose points if we use them rather than the built-in v-ray depth of field?)

Thanks in advance

Old 07 July 2012   #70
Plugins

Are plugins allowed? I'm thinking fume fx here

Old 07 July 2012   #71
Question about size

What should be the minimal size of the final entry? In pixels.
I saw the numbers, but I can't find them anymore.. I'm affraid my computer will not survive huge renderings..

Old 07 July 2012   #72
Originally Posted by Nebucadnezar: Hi everyone! I'm just a bit confused about the use of 2D softwares :

From what I understand it is allowed to compose passes or parts of your image as long as you render them in V-ray but is it allowed to tweak the levels/curves/colors etc.... of the image or are we just allowed to comp passes?

What about effects such as depth of fields or lens flares added in post, are those allowed (if yes do we lose points if we use them rather than the built-in v-ray depth of field?)

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone!
I have the same question. Can we create DOF fog in After Effects, use blurs, glows and other filters to enhance the visual quality of the final image?

Old 07 July 2012   #73
When will be the winners announced?

Old 07 July 2012   #74
Originally Posted by MikeHepburn: Hi Mike,

Can I contact the local distributor and see if I can get a license from them instead?

Old 07 July 2012   #75
Originally Posted by Kinematics: Can I contact the local distributor and see if I can get a license from them instead?

There's no need to. You only need to download the demo: http://chaosgroup.com/en/2/downloads.html The demo produces watermarked images, but this is not a problem for the purposes of the Challenge.

It also only renders at a smaller resolution, so please ignore the size requirements in the FAQ, and render to the highest res possible in the demo.

reply share thread