A Decisive Moment - Support Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2012   #31
Exclamation Can I join?

Hi,
My name is Blénesi Attila and I want to ask can I join the challenge if I'm not 18 yet I was born in 1994 July 28, the challenge ends on July 15. So I'm 18 after the challenge close with 13 days.

Old 05 May 2012   #32
Unhappy unable to upload wips

Hi, i have entered the challenge, the submit button has turned yellow but i am unable to upload any wips whatsoever. When i select an image file it uploads and then nothing...
Am i doing something wrong, or there is a problem with the site?

Old 05 May 2012   #33
Originally Posted by Ablenesi: Hi,
Can I join the challenge if I'm not over 18?
I born in 1994 July 28 so I will be close to it to the end of the challenge.

Hi Ablenesi,
Unfortunately, no you can't :(
However, we will be having another challenge soon after this one, and you will be eligible for that. So get practicing!

Old 05 May 2012   #34
Originally Posted by MalC: Hi,

I have a question about royalty free textures, images, and models? Basically, what can we use and what can't we? Does it matter if they were bought or given away by the artist? Is it ok to use a royalty free model as a jumping off point upon which the actual geometry that will be rendered / seen is based?

Also, is there a date before the challenge deadline past which it is too late to start submitting WIPs?

Hi Malcolm,

You can use any royalty free asset you want. You can use another artist’s model, if you have permission to do so. You can also use a royalty free model as a base model. However, you should add significant creative input to make the models and results unique. And, you must point out what you used in your WIPs.

There is no real deadline for the required WIPs. However, I strongly suggest getting them in well before the final day, just to ensure they are safely in the Challenge engine well before the final seconds tick away.

Cheers

Old 05 May 2012   #35
Originally Posted by BinaryRay: Hi, i have entered the challenge, the submit button has turned yellow but i am unable to upload any wips whatsoever. When i select an image file it uploads and then nothing...

Hi BinaryRay,

I can't replicate your problem, it all seems to be working for me. Maybe it's a caching issue, or browser problem. Try using another browser.

If you still have issues, email info@cgsociety.org with your details and our tech support will be able to sort it out for you.

Cheers

Old 05 May 2012   #36
Hi!

Should I have a wip thread on the forum during the challenge (and where it should be?), or uploading all stuff diractly to entries is the way?

Thank you!

Old 05 May 2012   #37
I'm not sure whether to enter or not. I want to but I'm not sure if winning the competition entails a breach of the terms and conditions of the 3ds max educational license. Does anyone have any information on this? I would like to know whether or not entering and winning a competition constitutes "commercial use" of the software.

EDIT:: Nevermind, just realised 18 and under can't enter...

Old 05 May 2012   #38
Originally Posted by Madio: Hi!

Should I have a wip thread on the forum during the challenge (and where it should be?), or uploading all stuff diractly to entries is the way?

Thank you!

Hi Dmitry,

You must upload at least 2 WIPs in the Challenge engine (to be eligible to win). Additionally, you can start a WIP thread here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=345

Last edited by MikeHepburn : 05 May 2012 at 02:06 AM.

Old 05 May 2012   #39
Originally Posted by BinaryRay: Hi, i have entered the challenge, the submit button has turned yellow but i am unable to upload any wips whatsoever. When i select an image file it uploads and then nothing...

I had the same problem in the last challenge too, but unable to sort it out till the end ..., and i had to mail all of my images to info@cgsociety.org.

I have tried other browsers too but didn't work for but .. maybe its just for me ... Try "Google Chrome" for that i haven't tried that ... and there are other ones too, such as "Opera" .... Try them out as soon as you can.

I strongly recommend that you don't wait till the end , Sort it out today .... I ignored till the end and it was not good for me.

Old 05 May 2012   #40
Originally Posted by ipranawake: I had the same problem in the last challenge too, but unable to sort it out till the end ..., and i had to mail all of my images to info@cgsociety.org.

I have tried other browsers too but didn't work for but .. maybe its just for me ... Try "Google Chrome" for that i haven't tried that ... and there are other ones too, such as "Opera" .... Try them out as soon as you can.

I strongly recommend that you don't wait till the end , Sort it out today .... I ignored till the end and it was not good for me.

I had the same problem ...
But I solved the problem by installing a ( Maxthon ) browser ..... It works very good
Sorry for the last challenge I saw your message about the problem after the challenge....

Sorry Admins for my interference

Old 05 May 2012   #41
Originally Posted by eng-omar: I had the same problem ...
But I solved the problem by installing a ( Maxthon ) browser ..... It works very good
Sorry for the last challenge I saw your message about the problem after the challenge....

Sorry Admins for my interference

Wow ... Thanks you man ... !! This is certainly going to help many ......

Old 06 June 2012   #42
Thumbs up chrome

ie did not work for me but i had no problem with chrome

Old 06 June 2012   #43
Originally Posted by BinaryRay: ie did not work for me but i had no problem with chrome

Glad you sorted that out ....

Old 06 June 2012   #44
I work for Nvidia, since they are one of the sponsors am i eligible to enter. Since they don't have a part in judging i would think so but i wanted to make sure.

Old 06 June 2012   #45
Originally Posted by JayWalker: I work for Nvidia, since they are one of the sponsors am i eligible to enter. Since they don't have a part in judging i would think so but i wanted to make sure.

Hi Jason,
Yep tis all cool, join up!

reply share thread