|05 May 2012||#1|
Website Admin & Development
A Decisive Moment - Support Thread
Welcome to the V-Ray Anniversary Challenge: A Decisive Moment Support Thread.
Please read the FAQ, Terms & Conditions and other posts in this thread before asking a question.
Have fun and good luck.
Last edited by keenly : 05 May 2012 at 05:26 AM.
|05 May 2012||#4|
Chief Colourer Inner.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Does the pivotal moment need to be real, or can it be fiction?
Also is Photoshop allowed? I know Vue etc is mentioned but there is no mention of how much photoshop is allowed?
|05 May 2012||#5|
As i can understand there is only free license for students of the workshop. Because im studying my resources are quite limited! So i was wondering whether you could provide the same license for the less fortunate, like me
Last edited by Bjarnskov75 : 05 May 2012 at 07:47 PM.
|05 May 2012||#6|
Carlos Eduardo Montoya Cortes
Can i use plugins for work?..for example sigershaders vray materials?...or arronway or total textures?
Still looking for inteligent life in our planet
|05 May 2012||#7|
Already joined, I just hope I can get something out of it!!
irwit, from what I understand, it can be real or/and fiction. I guess it's the story that matters.
And reading the rules, you can use Photoshop or whatever other software to compo the image
|05 May 2012||#9|
Q: What deliverables are there for an image entry?
Final beauty render – rendered in V-Ray.
Yeah, I must have missed something because, what's the point of having VRay as a prize if I already own it?
Last edited by TwinSnakes : 05 May 2012 at 09:17 PM.
|05 May 2012||#11|
Answers to queries regarding V-Ray Challenge
Thanks for your interest in the V-Ray Challenge. In answer to your queries:
- You don't need to purchase V-Ray to enter the challenge. A V-Ray demo version can be downloaded from the Chaos Group website. You only need to create an account to be able to download: http://chaosgroup.com/en/2/downloads.html The demo produces watermarked images, but this is not a problem for the purposes of the Challenge.
- If you are a student and want to purchase the full version of V-Ray, you can do that at a discounted price. For example V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max EDU license costs 74 EUR /114 USD/ 67 GBP per license. To purchase a student license, you need to contact a reseller in your country: http://chaosgroup.com/en/2/purchase.html
- If you already own a V-Ray license and if you are among the winners of the Challenge, you can pick a V-Ray license for another platform. For example, if you use Max and Maya and only have V-Ray for Max, you can get a V-Ray license for Maya as a prize.
- Other software is also allowed when making your image; our only requirement is to use V-Ray as your renderer.
- Fictional decisive moments are as important as real ones! We won't impose any limitations over your creativity!
The Chaos Group Team
|05 May 2012||#13|
I also was wondering if there would be the possibility of a free vray licence for all participants of this challenge. I think for the mudbox challenge a time limited licence of mudbox existed.
I checked the faq. And it says:
What are the Final Image technical requirements?
Dimensions: At least 2560 x 1600 pixels or, at least 1600 x 2560 pixels. File type/extension: High quality JPG / .jpg
But the vray demo will only render at a max resolution of 600x450px. So,if i dont want to render in tiles, just use the demo will not work, .
I would realy like to participate in this challenge. But right now, i don´t have the money to buy a cgs-workshop or a vray licence.
It would be great if we could use the same licence as the workshop participans.
V-Ray for Maya Demo Limitations
- produces watermarked images
- does not support Distributed Rendering
- reset the settings regularly
- max resolution 600x450
- up to 5 lights
|05 May 2012||#15|
problem to insert the image on the site
can give you the information to insert images WIP
then filing tansferer for final
because after multiple tests it is impossible
Pouvez vous donner les informations pour insérer les images WIP ( Travaux )
Puis pour transférer l'image final
car après multiples essais cela est impossible
Infographe 3d Autodidacte
|reply share thread|