lukasvoglīs Armed and Dangerous wip

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2012   #31
That rattan armour totally is an eye catcher. Must have been a pain to model but really pays off

Old 03 March 2012   #32
Heya,
thanks for all the input and crits.
Here is my next update. Changed the pose slightly. Thanks vincetech for your ideas.
Added some more things.
The facial Expression needs some work.
There are still some minor things missing. then i can sculpt everything
to its final level. puh time is running out...
C&C are very welcome

Old 03 March 2012   #33
wow, looks good!

i would tweak the pose of the front foot, rotate it slightly up and around Z, so that it isn't aligned parallel to the ground.

also the thumbs are too straight. bend them a little bit. there must be somehow a tension on his fingers. he is on his way to the fight. and maybe you can try to change the position of the sword in his hand. move the sword slightly to the front.

cant wait to see the first pass of the body sculpt! the armor looks really great!

FOLIO

Old 03 March 2012   #34
Hey!! Great update, the face expression looks quite dangerous hehe well done.

Something that looks a bit of to my eyes is the aspect ratio between the upper and lower arm parts. I thing that the elbow is too low, if you don't mind, letme paste an image to illustrate that:

Regards!

Old 03 March 2012   #35
very nice,love this character cant wait to c your finale

Old 03 March 2012   #36
thanks a lot for your ideas and inputs.
@max: yeah thanks. this little tweak made the whole pose more dynamic.
@lapusmental: you are right whith the lengh of the arms. since i use sculpt layers to drive the pose, in some situations previus layers get shifted and look of. didnīt recognize the problem. so thanks for the good eye. iīll try to fix that in the next update

Old 03 March 2012   #37
heya,
started to do the characters hair. i decided to use polyplanes, since it is done a bit faster than proper hair. also i can interchange it with other software if needed.
there are some intersections and clipping issues iīll have to adress, but i think it works not to bad.

Old 03 March 2012   #38
Cool update, the hair looks nice. Polyplanes are quite tricky, maybe you can try to bend or twist them a bit more, for a better specularity.

Old 04 April 2012   #39
Really good update that hair. I like the pose but probably you need to focus in the anatomy arms because it has a lot of attention there. Try to remove that sausage shapes and define some muscles, biceps, triceps, deltoids..etc.

Old 04 April 2012   #40
cool job. But I have a question. Do you have permission to render out from any other 3d app instead of Mudbox ? I read that only post works allowed in the Photoshop.

Shahadat Hossain
secret agent challenge
my blog
my animations

Old 04 April 2012   #41
this challenge is about sculpting and texturing in mudbox. what you do with rendering, postpro and compositing or what ever else, is in your hands, so yes, you have the permission to render it out in what ever app you want.

and with postworks in photoshop is meant to make tweaks, filters and colorcorrections of your textures in photoshop.

FOLIO

Old 04 April 2012   #42
Really great expression on his face. Cool character! Best of luck.

Old 04 April 2012   #43
hereīs a little texture update.
just the diffuse of the skirts and belt. my mac at home doesntīt handle too many textures. and by many i mean more than three 4kīs^^.

there are couple of assets that still need texturing, and assembling in the renderscene.
but it starts to come together.
cheers

Old 04 April 2012   #44
Nice, love this skirt. A huge amount of detail there!
Looking forward to the final composition

Old 04 April 2012   #45
great texturing, looks very real in character..

i can completely relate to the home computer limits.. did my whole project on a 9800 gt w/ a pentium and 3gbs of ram.. haha, i'm pretty sure my computer was moaning.

Thread Closed share thread