Ballo. --Armed and dangerous-- SomeoneDangerous...so much...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2012   #16
this is great! I like the use of cloth, I liked to see how you approach that.

Old 02 February 2012   #17
hej ballo, really nice drawing, like the concept very much.

How you gonna do the pelvis and breast area, because he seems very broad at that areas.

FOLIO

Old 02 February 2012   #18
Thanks guys, I couldn't work more this weekend, hopefully the next one I will start with the real modelling. Yes, chest is wide but pelvis area is quite similar to a human one.

Here is a bit of introduction to the character story. I'm not the best writer in the world..hahaha

Gro-Mouh is an alien race quite similar to the human, but with more white skin, because the lack of sunlight on their planet. It's location is in the star Tara several billion light years from Earth.

Number 15 is one of the many disciples of To, a religion discipline. The entrance to this religion is very strict and secret and is composed of rare mutations of Gro-Mouh race. It is believed that Siamese twins mainly are more perfect than normal habitants and they aren't just rare deformities like human belief. In this case, Number 15 has high psychic skills far above the rest. He can easily read minds, investigate in the future and even he is totally blind can see through the aura, which gave a much clearer vision of the subject.

Although it is a religion, they don't believe in any God or abstract entity and are not subject to any government. As demonstrated in the second civil war where due to his exceptional martial education overthrew the actual government.

It's a privilege count with To support.

Old 02 February 2012   #19

I had to use this smiley after I read the story

Old 02 February 2012   #20
Very interesting and strong story behind the fantastic modeling.
This project is very good Jose!

Old 02 February 2012   #21
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like my 5 minutes story.

Here is a small update. I have to run some test to see what can be done by modelling or texturing, so I run some displ vector and displ test, testing as well vector displ vs displ.

Vector displacement is fast and we get better contour. I will do more test later, but I looks like we have a winner. Both fail with clean lines, so probably I will have to do some retopo.

This is the pieces for the jaw, obviously.

Last edited by Ballo : 02 February 2012 at 10:47 PM.

Old 02 February 2012   #22
Nice story man and good character too...Give us some updates...

Old 02 February 2012   #23
Hi Marat.

It's quite early to put updates so far. I need to figure out some parts for the modelling and design others ones.
The belt is just a sketch from a sphere. I'm retopologing right now.

Old 03 March 2012   #24
It would be nice if the belt somehow synch's or connects to either the lungs or vocal chords.
Just writing this I figured a way of disabling them, remove oxygen or flood em with pepper spray
Awaiting updates.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2012   #25
Hi Airflow, thanks. I really like your idea but it's a bit late.

Here is an update, with proper base/anim meshes. I changed a bit the concept but it is quite similar.

I really like the torso armour I spent a lot working it, but it's too "warrior", probably I will remove for the final shot...and be torso naked isn't for this kind of character.

Old 03 March 2012   #26
That's looking really nice.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2012   #27
Awesome! The concept was a bit awkward to me, but now no doubt. It will rock the stage.

keep it up!

Old 03 March 2012   #28
Ey, thanks! Airflow, Fantasymaster.

Yes, it is awkward, good compliment btw. I really like the G.del Toro style for characters. They are a bit disturbing, but at the same time, elegant and different.

Old 03 March 2012   #29
It seems dangerous for sure, but is it gonna be armed? great job!

Old 03 March 2012   #30
Yes, he will. the weapon it's a bit of surprised. I just can say it will be a mental weapon.

How is it going at Las Fallas?

Thread Closed share thread