Ballo. --Armed and dangerous-- SomeoneDangerous...so much...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2012
Ballo --Armed and dangerous-- San Ta Ha Ana...

Here is my thing...He/she is work in progress, it isn't a final concept, I have too much to tweak and think but I like to leave all the creative process meanwhile I'm modelling the character, could be a mistake, yes, but I like to feel that. Three words, scifi, mystique and twin Siamese...and elegant...well four words.

Last edited by Ballo : 02 February 2012 at 10:28 PM.

02 February 2012
i like the concept... specially the two heads...
and something glowing to paint an incendescene map... jea...

02 February 2012
Really cool. But armed? Await updates.

MY HMC

02 February 2012
Thanks mates. Actually I'm bit lost with the weapon. Any ideas? I will try to design something soon, and model!

02 February 2012
The free online dictionary defines "weapon" as:
weapon [ˈwɛpən]n1. (Military / Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) (Military / Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) an object or instrument used in fighting
2. anything that serves to outwit or get the better of an opponent his power of speech was his best weapon
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Zoology) any part of an animal that is used to defend itself, to attack prey, etc., such as claws, teeth, horns, or a sting
4. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Anatomy) a slang word for *censored*

So I guess the green breath of death might be arguably enough, but will it make an impact on the judges/viewers?

Maybe give it something in the form of a religious/mystical symbol for channeling energy ... or some biotic weapon maybe.
You might just as well keep the breath of death and depending if it's a close range/long range thing the weapon could cover the other fighting distances?

02 February 2012
Thanks SunsSkull. Really good point.

I'm thinking about the religious ornaments. I will try to design something related, but more futuristic. I don't know from where start..anw. here is a bit of small update. It is the first rough attempt to match the concept, quite a bit frustrated to undestand what I painted.

Because I love the creative process and test and change the idea meanwhile I model, the faces looks a bit vamp right now, who knows the end how will be...

02 February 2012
A new concept, this time more medieval than scifi. But I'm trying to focus in the main character because the first concept was so blurry. and I don't like the 3dmodel, so restart.

02 February 2012
and a new more, this time to study the scifi idea.

02 February 2012
I prefer the more mystical idea, for me it has a feel of an ancient mythology (greek or nordic) creature, specially because of the blindfolded eyes.
Concerning the topic of a weapon, on the contest rules they talk about a item that the character wields, so I don't know if the idea of the green breath of death qualifies, better check with the contest management.

Cheers and best of luck

02 February 2012
I like the idea

02 February 2012
Both Ideas look ok, but the high tech looks like it will make a way more interesting sculpt.

I'd be interested to see a combination of the two. High tech cybernetic stuff peeking out from the folds of a robe

02 February 2012
a staff-ish weapon or a blade with a long handle could go in right(our right) hand of ur 1st concept art itself..the pose suits that well...

and something like an alien-egyptian looking staff would have both mystic-futuristic feel to it

awesum work..

02 February 2012
i think there were some really cool weapons in stargate 1994 movie

02 February 2012
Ey, thanks Luis. Yes, I'm designing a weapon as an item, but right now I would like to start with the modelling and leave the weapon at the end.

Thanks Nikizar

Hi h2olt I like the futuristic idea as well, but the previous concept was a bit silly. My first idea was a bit of religious scifi style but in that case the arm was too "cyborg"

Thaks pyrocube, good recommendations. I love that movie!.

Here is my last concept. I'm quite happy with the costume and feeling I think is quite close that my first idea. So now start to modelling!

Last edited by Ballo : 02 February 2012 at 02:11 PM.

02 February 2012
religious sci-fi ! lol.. i would just prefer calling it magic..

Thread Closed share thread