max's sithLord

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2012   #16
Hi there,

Very nice starting, it's always motivating seeing people like you rushing through it.
Will you erase the hood??

Good luck with the challenge

Old 02 February 2012   #17
Guilome, thanks. No, i will not erase the hood, cause than i have to make some kind of hair .

FOLIO

Old 02 February 2012   #18
worked on the framing of the final image. had the idea of a comic strip type image.

lets look, if i'm capable of doing such an image.

have to find some sort of "story" to tell. to make it believable.

the little pieces of her life coming slowly together in my mind. very slowly, because my knowledge of the star wars universe is a bit small.

FOLIO

Old 02 February 2012   #19
hi i really like your work! I was wondering if u could help me with how u make cloth? is there some sort of tutorial or guide or just tell me what u use to make it with?

Old 02 February 2012   #20
jj1567: glad u like it .

regarding the cloth. u need a lot of references. than make a basemesh around the characters body. stupid simple topology with quads. export it to mudbox, take the sculpt brush and make the wrinkles.

there is also the possibility of first simulating it in maya and then sculpting over it.

it is all about the wrinkles and folds

there are some tutorials, you have to search for wrinkles and zbrush (because there are a lot of more people using it)

examples:

selwy wrinkles tut
gnomon workshop tut

i hope, i could help you.

FOLIO

Old 02 February 2012   #21
Hi Max.

The concept looks quite dangerous and mysterious character, like Michone at the comic the Walking dead but imho you are loosing that in the modelling. The first time that I saw the model face looks like a man face. :/ I love the feel jamaican black girl tattooed voodoo on the concept.

Old 02 February 2012   #22
ballo, first i didn't know what you mean with the black jamaican girl . this was an incident, because i blocked out the silhouette and added not enough detail in the face.

regarding the face: i know what you mean. the proportions are a little bit off. i didn't want to make a perfect female face ... hm maybe i should tweak the proportions a little bit more.
i'm also planing to add creepy detail on her face. so lets wait, when i'm adding detail to her face.

i have no idea, if i'll be capable of making cool dreads, lets look

thank you.

FOLIO

Old 02 February 2012   #23
Hi.

I meant that your concept looks like a black badass girl, as Michonne, look, maybe it's interesting study that. of course you will do whatever you want.

l

Old 02 February 2012   #24
Even though I have a thing for dreads I consider them more a bit anti-establishment and therefore not the first choice for imperial affiliates.
What do you guys think?

Old 02 February 2012   #25
sunskull, but she isn't any more an imperial soldier. left alone on a sand planet. fighting for her life, or what so ever. no water, no shampoo.

ballo, a black badass girl is ****ing dangerous and with white paintings even more.

mine isn't that dangerous . the idea isn't bad. but i'll stick to the albino style girl. most important reason is, that the image will be little bit dark and i think i'll lose a lot of detail in her face. hej, but thanks again. appreciate every crit and will try to test every one out .
i want to learn something.

another thing:
did some concepts before and after work today on her vehicle. based on a speederbike.
my favorite are those with a plus.

FOLIO

Old 02 February 2012   #26
I'd go for a more stylized bike, a bit longer than yours, with a more dynamic driver's position. Just a thought!! nice entry so far man.

Old 02 February 2012   #27
hej lapsusmental, that's a good point, with the more dynamic drivers position.

i thought, that she's like a nomad, being on the bike for long periods of time. for this, she needs a comfortable sitting position.

but i'll try out the longer bike, i think that's an good idea. thanks man

FOLIO

Old 02 February 2012   #28
Whoa... this entry's so fast that I'm seeing dust hehe. Looks good so far, the face paint is very creepy, in a good way. Keep it up!

Old 02 February 2012   #29
Hey great work.Just love it.

Last edited by SONIC-X : 02 February 2012 at 01:40 PM.

Old 02 February 2012   #30
SONIC-X: thanks a lot!

lbelerique: thanks too, hope you didn't get dust in the eyes . maybe i'll adopt the paint for a white skin.

progress: rebuilt the boots, sculpted the first pass of the folds, added simple shader.

the colors are more then not final . the directions is ok...

FOLIO

Thread Closed share thread