Armed and Dangerous - Support Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 02 February 2012   #46
Originally Posted by eng-omar: Hi

I have problem with upload my wip ..
I have four days trying press upload entry button but nothing happend
I installed adobe flash player 11 from the website and nothing happend
pls help

I solved the problem

Old 02 February 2012   #47
hi, i have the same problem
i cant start new thread... (you do not have permission to access this page)
and when i click on 'upload entry' thumbnail preview doesn't download image

Old 02 February 2012   #48
Entry Upload issue

Originally Posted by RobbyXPs: I am having trouble uploading my entry to the current system using Firefox. From the Pick a File screen I use the “Select Your File” option and select my concept .jpg to upload. The bar above the button then turns from a dark gray to a light grey but there is not progression after that. Anyone else having trouble with this? I also tried to upload in Internet Explorer and it said I needed flash play 9 or greater. Attempted again after installing the latest version of flash, with the same result.

I'm having the very same problem. + the "Marquee" tool? there is none, I cannot see the preview of a thumbnail. I'm using Chrome as browser, Flash is updated. Please help.

Old 02 February 2012   #49
after you post more than 2 comments and they will be cheked... everything will be fine, as i understand

Old 02 February 2012   #50
Horizontal / vertical?

Hi.

I have a question - one of the rules says: "Dimensions: 2560 x 1600 pixels, or similar". Are there any requirements about the format horizontal / vertical for the "Final beauty render"? Thanks in advance for answer.

Regards
Jonatan

Old 02 February 2012   #51
hi, i've some questions, i'm not an expert on this field, or may be i didnt understand some rules or something, but
* Can i crate a 3d background to complete the scene?
** The final render must be done using the final sculpted mesh or it has to be rendered using a base mesh and using normal maps
** The whole texture must be created in mudbox? or it can be edited in photoshop
(**may be they are silly questions but i would like to know the answer thanks)

Old 02 February 2012   #52
Originally Posted by Jonatan-Moonchild: Hi.

I have a question - one of the rules says: "Dimensions: 2560 x 1600 pixels, or similar". Are there any requirements about the format horizontal / vertical for the "Final beauty render"? Thanks in advance for answer.

Regards
Jonatan

No, both horizontal or vertical is fine.

Old 02 February 2012   #53
Originally Posted by kPavel: after you post more than 2 comments and they will be cheked... everything will be fine, as i understand

Yep, that's right

Old 02 February 2012   #54
Originally Posted by StebanM: hi, i've some questions, i'm not an expert on this field, or may be i didnt understand some rules or something, but
** The final render must be done using the final sculpted mesh or it has to be rendered using a base mesh and using normal maps
** The whole texture must be created in mudbox? or it can be edited in photoshop
(**may be they are silly questions but i would like to know the answer thanks)

There are no silly questions

Yes you may - but don't forget that your character must stand out. Also, one of the prizes is going to be a sculpture tactualized by our good friends at Offload Studios, but only the character will be tactualized.

There are no software restrictions on base meshes, UV mapping, re-topologizing, or comping the final beauty render (Photoshop, GIMP, whatever). You must point these out in your WIPs. Just as long as you clearly show Mudbox was used for sculpting and painting, you'll be fine.

Old 02 February 2012   #55
Speaking of tactualizing your model... we'll have a feature about that and Offload Studio very soon. I'll post the link here when it goes live.

Old 02 February 2012   #56
Originally Posted by MikeHepburn:
Originally Posted by [b: Jonatan-Moonchild[/b]]
Hi.

Regards
Jonatan

No, both horizontal or vertical is fine.

Sorry for additional question here - I could ask in one post, I know, but it came to my head today (I was hoping that I have time to edit my post but you answering very quickly ). OK, here is the question: what's the level of "similarity"? If I choose vertical, will it be OK if I make it wider? For example 2000 x 2560?

Once again thanks in advance for answer.
Jonatan

Last edited by Jonatan-Moonchild : 02 February 2012 at 07:09 AM.

Old 02 February 2012   #57
issue seeing posts

hi, i seem to have trouble seeing my posts / comments in threads and am unable to create a WIP log like others are making... do i need to upgrade my account for cgsociety?

Old 02 February 2012   #58
Originally Posted by Jonatan-Moonchild: Sorry for additional question here - I could ask in one post, I know, but it came to my head today (I was hoping that I have time to edit my post but you answering very quickly ). OK, here is the question: what's the level of "similarity"? If I choose vertical, will it be OK if I make it wider? For example 2000 x 2560?

Once again thanks in advance for answer.
Jonatan

I can't see that being a problem. The main reason we want it at 2560x1600 is for publishing reasons (to potentially get the images into Ballistic books). Just as long as it's that size or bigger, everything should be OK.

Old 02 February 2012   #59
Serial key for Philippines not working

Hi admin, i tried to input the serial key for the philippines but its not working. can you provide another key? Thanks so much!

Old 02 February 2012   #60
Originally Posted by MikeHepburn: There are no silly questions

Yes you may - but don't forget that your character must stand out. Also, one of the prizes is going to be a sculpture tactualized by our good friends at Offload Studios, but only the character will be tactualized.

There are no software restrictions on base meshes, UV mapping, re-topologizing, or comping the final beauty render (Photoshop, GIMP, whatever). You must point these out in your WIPs. Just as long as you clearly show Mudbox was used for sculpting and painting, you'll be fine.

THANKS MAN!

reply share thread