Armed and Dangerous - Support Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 02 February 2012   #31
are we allowed to create low poly characters?

and is it possible to create two characters for one entry, some kind of a tag team/army of two thing?

Old 02 February 2012   #32
Modified concept?

I hope there is a rule to protect the concept of the early submissions. Especially in a case like mine just learning to use mudbox against others who are already knowledgable in the software and can execute faster even if the concept is very much similar to early submissions.
I'm not against anyone here just thought it's important to a competition.
Peace everyone!!

Old 02 February 2012   #33
I just have another quick question and just wanting to know if the weapon/item can be organic and sort of coming out of the character or does it have to be completely separate?

Old 02 February 2012   #34
Originally Posted by Mantegra: I just have another quick question and just wanting to know if the weapon/item can be organic and sort of coming out of the character or does it have to be completely separate?

As long as it looks threatening.

Old 02 February 2012   #35
Originally Posted by kKately: Quick question here before I get started and void myself. We're allowed to use any software to create our base mesh. Does this include Zbrush or are we talking Poly modeling only?

Not quite sure that it's in the spirit of a Mudbox challenge However, you can create your base mesh in any package. Please post a screen shot of your base mesh in your WIP thread and explain how you created it. Naturally, the sculpting and painting should be completed in Mudbox.

Old 02 February 2012   #36
Originally Posted by Silent3d: I hope there is a rule to protect the concept of the early submissions. Especially in a case like mine just learning to use mudbox against others who are already knowledgable in the software and can execute faster even if the concept is very much similar to early submissions.
I'm not against anyone here just thought it's important to a competition.
Peace everyone!!

Certainly is. Number 19 in the Terms and Conditions states:

All entries should be original and not a derivative of existing work, including works previously entered in this competition.
http://challenge.cgsociety.org/mudb..._and_conditions

Old 02 February 2012   #37
Originally Posted by MrFunk: are we allowed to create low poly characters?

and is it possible to create two characters for one entry, some kind of a tag team/army of two thing?

Our preference is one. However, if you can make the second guy look like a weapon...

Old 02 February 2012   #38
hello
should the entrant post a thread or just upload wip..?
thanks

Old 02 February 2012   #39
Question

• Do we submit all the images thru the UPLOAD ENTRY button? Or just the WIPs? Should we give relevant names like WIP, character sheet, beauty render?
  • Are we alowed to retopologize our models? Or shoul the final model be just the sculpted piece?

Last edited by iatriki : 02 February 2012 at 02:32 PM.

Old 02 February 2012   #40
Originally Posted by eng-omar: hello
should the entrant post a thread or just upload wip..?
thanks

Only post a thread in the forum if you want, they aren't compulsory.

However you must submit to the Challenge engine:
Final beauty render - fully posed and painted character
Model sheet - showing front, back, side and 3/4 view of your final modeled and painted character
At least 1 WIP of character being sculpted in Mudbox
At least 1 WIP of character being painted in Mudbox

Old 02 February 2012   #41
Originally Posted by iatriki:
  • Do we submit all the images thru the UPLOAD ENTRY button? Or just the WIPs? Should we give relevant names like WIP, character sheet, beauty render?
  • Are we alowed to retopologize our models? Or shoul the final model be just the sculpted piece?

Yes, all images are submitted via the UPLOAD button. Once there, you will have the option to add either a WIP, Model sheet, or the Final beauty render.

You may retopologize, just as long as you point this out in your WIPs.

Old 02 February 2012   #42
dont know how to uplaod

hi, im new to cgsociety in fact im new to the whole cg world and i m trying to figure out how to participate in this competition. but i cant find this upload button ,all what i see is the start new thread button and when i do click it,it says i don't have enough privilege to use this futur ,any guidance will be appreciated.
thanks

Old 02 February 2012   #43
Originally Posted by zraluk7: hi, im new to cgsociety in fact im new to the whole cg world and i m trying to figure out how to participate in this competition. but i cant find this upload button ,all what i see is the start new thread button and when i do click it,it says i don't have enough privilege to use this futur ,any guidance will be appreciated.
thanks

Hi, and welcome!

You enter by going to this page: http://challenge.cgsociety.org/mudbox

If you are logged in you will see a big green button that says JOIN CHALLENGE, Bob's your Uncle

Old 02 February 2012   #44
Originally Posted by MikeHepburn: Hi, and welcome!

You enter by going to this page: http://challenge.cgsociety.org/mudbox

If you are logged in you will see a big green button that says JOIN CHALLENGE, Bob's your Uncle

no i can start sketching my first character ever .
thanks

Old 02 February 2012   #45
Hi

I have problem with upload my wip ..
I have four days trying press upload entry button but nothing happend
I installed adobe flash player 11 from the website and nothing happend
pls help

reply share thread