Armed and Dangerous - Support Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 01 January 2012   #16
hi, for some reason i cant start a new thread in the armed and dangerous forum.
it says you do not have permission to access this page...

Old 01 January 2012   #17
I'm trying to enter the challenge and post some WIPs of mine ... however it seems I don't have sufficient rights to create a new thread.
The thing is - my account is rather old and to my shame I have to admit I wasn't regularly active
Is there something somebody could do or help me find the proper contact for support?

Cheers,
Sun

Old 01 January 2012   #18
I am curious to know if we are allowed to have multiple sub-characters within the finished scene like dead bodies or pets and stuff like that? The main character should obviously be the main focus but are they allowed to be surrounded by other minor characters within the scene?

Old 01 January 2012   #19
Originally Posted by Mantegra: I am curious to know if we are allowed to have multiple sub-characters within the finished scene like dead bodies or pets and stuff like that? The main character should obviously be the main focus but are they allowed to be surrounded by other minor characters within the scene?

Yes, you may have multiple characters. But it's important that your main character is prominent, because that's what you'll be judged on.

Old 02 February 2012   #20
how can i start my entry? i tried to upload my concept art and didnt get any result . how can i start this chalange?
thanks in advance for the answer

Old 02 February 2012   #21
I was wondering if the concept needs to be totaly original or if we can base it on a movie or comic book ect? To be clearer, can we directly work from a comic, tv show or movie?

Thanks!

Last edited by Nixie : 02 February 2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: to be clearer

Old 02 February 2012   #22
I cant seem to start a my own thread in this challenge section. It says that I do not have permission. Ive already entered the competition and posted some WIP, but I would like to start a thread and post in there with my updates. What do I need to do?

Old 02 February 2012   #23
Originally Posted by Nixie: I was wondering if the concept needs to be totaly original or if we can base it on a movie or comic book ect? To be clearer, can we directly work from a comic, tv show or movie?

Thanks!

It must be totally original. We mustn't tread into the murky waters of copyrighted material.

Old 02 February 2012   #24
Sorry about my last post, I realize now my posts dont show up because Im a new user.

I have a question though. One of the rules in the terms and conditions is...
Quote: Entries should remain unpublished outside of CGSociety prior to the close of the challenge.

I wanted to video screencap my process and post it on youtube to post here. I have actually seen a few others do this already. Does this disqualify them? Would that disqualify me if I were to do that too?

Also, it seems that I can upload my images via the forum, but can only link to images hosted somewhere. If I upload WIP images to my server or website to link to from the forum, would that be considered publishing outside of CGSociety? Would that disqualify me?

thanks

Old 02 February 2012   #25
Originally Posted by PeanutBuddha: Sorry about my last post, I realize now my posts dont show up because Im a new user.

I have a question though. One of the rules in the terms and conditions is...

I wanted to video screencap my process and post it on youtube to post here. I have actually seen a few others do this already. Does this disqualify them? Would that disqualify me if I were to do that too?

Also, it seems that I can upload my images via the forum, but can only link to images hosted somewhere. If I upload WIP images to my server or website to link to from the forum, would that be considered publishing outside of CGSociety? Would that disqualify me?

thanks

It's OK to show the process outside of CGSociety, just as long as your blog/you tube clearly states that it's for this Challenge - maybe a little link to here would be nice too

However, the final rendered image should not be revealed anywhere else but here.

Old 02 February 2012   #26
Originally Posted by paulius-st: how can i start my entry? i tried to upload my concept art and didnt get any result . how can i start this chalange?

To upload an entry to the challenge. click the 'upload entry' button. 'Select Your File'.
create a thumbnail with the cropping tool, write a description then click 'Submit this entry to the Challenge'.

Old 02 February 2012   #27
thanks for the reply. but the main problem is that i tried to do this from the begining but something is wrong.
i select my file witch is not realy a big one (100kb, 1000X1000px) and namede 1 so it should upload jus tfine, but when i select it it uploads and nothing happens. the upload dialog doen not change. i tried to leave it for an hour thinking it has to do something with my internet conection or firefox version. but no progress.
do you have any ideas about what could be wrong?

Old 02 February 2012   #28
Quick question here before I get started and void myself. We're allowed to use any software to create our base mesh. Does this include Zbrush or are we talking Poly modeling only?

Old 02 February 2012   #29
I uploaded one wip to the challange, how can i add more? I cant find an option

Old 02 February 2012   #30
Originally Posted by marcelladk: I uploaded one wip to the challange, how can i add more? I cant find an option

Add another WIP exactly the same way you uploaded the first one. with the big 'Upload Entry' button.

reply share thread