Armed and Dangerous - Support Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 01 January 2012   #1
Armed and Dangerous - Support Thread

Please read the FAQ, Terms & Conditions and other posts in this thread before asking a question.

Links:
FAQ
Terms & Conditions
News Thread

Old 01 January 2012   #2
could we have acces to create a thread here in this sub forum...?
id like to show my wip here... its much easier to follow...

Old 01 January 2012   #3
Wink

Originally Posted by oglu: could we have acces to create a thread here in this sub forum...?
id like to show my wip here... its much easier to follow...

yes i agree with Oglu here is better

Old 01 January 2012   #4
Going to agree,
dislike the current system in place, please go back to the threads. The original thread system was cleaner and easier to follow.

Old 01 January 2012   #5
Cool

Originally Posted by Darksuit: Going to agree,
dislike the current system in place, please go back to the threads. The original thread system was cleaner and easier to follow.

Yeahhhhh agree again i don't like it this system

Old 01 January 2012   #6
I am having trouble uploading my entry to the current system using Firefox. From the Pick a File screen I use the “Select Your File” option and select my concept .jpg to upload. The bar above the button then turns from a dark gray to a light grey but there is not progression after that. Anyone else having trouble with this? I also tried to upload in Internet Explorer and it said I needed flash play 9 or greater. Attempted again after installing the latest version of flash, with the same result.

Old 01 January 2012   #7
Hello everyone. By popular demand, i have opened the Armed and Dangerous :: MudBox Challenge forum to allow the creation of WIP threads.

However, posting a WIP thread does NOT count towards the challenge and will not be considered in the judging progress.

You must upload at the very least the following deliverables to your Challenge entry:
  • Final beauty render - fully posed and painted character
  • Model sheet - showing front, back, side and 3/4 view of your final modeled and painted character
  • At least 1 WIP of character being sculpted in Mudbox
  • At least 1 WIP of character being painted in Mudbox

Old 01 January 2012   #8
thanks... im starting now...

Old 01 January 2012   #9
Hello, question.

In the T&C's says 'Individual entrants'. I was going to get a mate to help draw up some concepts, reference images and paint the backgrounds and other 2d aspects of the image but I'd be the only one to model, texture and pose the 3d character.

Is that allowed? Or do I have to conceptualize and draw / paint everything including bg and 3d chars myself?

Old 01 January 2012   #10
Hey Rhys !
When I switch to the View All Entries Submitted category I cant see anything there...(

P.S. Yep I've just uploaded my stuff using Upload Entry button

Old 01 January 2012   #11
Thanks ! Now works fine

Old 01 January 2012   #12
Originally Posted by Pointyman: Hello, question.

In the T&C's says 'Individual entrants'. I was going to get a mate to help draw up some concepts, reference images and paint the backgrounds and other 2d aspects of the image but I'd be the only one to model, texture and pose the 3d character.

Is that allowed? Or do I have to conceptualize and draw / paint everything including bg and 3d chars myself?

Ballo was also asking the same question, and I'd like to know the answer too.

Old 01 January 2012   #13
Originally Posted by Pointyman: Hello, question.

Yes, you may get help from other artists. However, if you win, we can only deliver prizes to the Mudbox artist, so it's up to you to divide them up amongst yourselves

Old 01 January 2012   #14
Does everything has to be made from Mudbox, subtools etc.?
or can I make every basemesh in max and import each tool and sculpt them in mudbox?

think this challange will teach me alot on the way.

thanks

Old 01 January 2012   #15
i don't know if it's just me, but when i go into the currently submitted images and go to any one of them, the page is offset to the right. ive tried refreshing several times. no go. :\ but if i zoom (Ctrl + scroll wheel) out or in a bit, it corrects itself. o.O

reply share thread