Old 07-20-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
lyco84
Veteran
portfolio
Samir Thony
Vancouver, Canada

Sig 2011 Vancouver Animation Fest. Pass

Hey guys,

I'm finally taking part on this years Siggraph in Vancouver. Unfortunatly I can't afford a full conference ticket for all days, so I'll stick with a animation festival full pass for 200$ for all days. The Info on their pdf is overwhelming, so I could need some suggestion of you who allready went to a siggraph. What shouldn't I miss, if my area of interest is Rigging
i really would appreciat suggestion and tipps. And finally, is the animation festival pass the right thing if I'm interested in Character Setup? Sure I'm also very interestes in Animation, but primarly in Rigging.

Thank you very much

Old 07-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
malducin
spatio-temporal agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyco84
Hey guys,
I'm finally taking part on this years Siggraph in Vancouver. Unfortunatly I can't afford a full conference ticket for all days, so I'll stick with a animation festival full pass for 200$ for all days. The Info on their pdf is overwhelming, so I could need some suggestion of you who allready went to a siggraph. What shouldn't I miss, if my area of interest is Rigging
i really would appreciat suggestion and tipps. And finally, is the animation festival pass the right thing if I'm interested in Character Setup? Sure I'm also very interestes in Animation, but primarly in Rigging.

Thank you very much

The Festival pass would mainly only give you access to the Animation Festival, the exhibition floor, the job fair, keynote, fast forward papers preview, BOFs and a few other things. Unfortunately most of the SIGGRAPH content (excluding vendor events) related to rigging is on other venues like the Studio, Talks and Courses.

You probably would've been better served maybe combining different passes, say a one day basic pass with a one day full pass depending on events upu really want to attend.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread