CGTalk Meetup in Vancouver

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2011
I'll gatecrash.. if i can get over the jet lag.

07 July 2011
Psyched! 2 weeks to go until the insanity begins! See you all there and bring your livers!

www.divisionof8.com
www.delicatemachines.com
Vimeo Videos

07 July 2011
This sounds awesome, Count me! Look forward to meeting you guys out there.

07 July 2011
Sweet...I look forward to the CGtalk meet up!

07 July 2011
If Steamworks doesn't work there is the Lions Tavern which is almost across the street from the venue. Great place with a good sized patio and lots of brews on tap.

www.divisionof8.com
www.delicatemachines.com
Vimeo Videos

07 July 2011
Probably too late to change the venue, people are already posting the location all over the place, maybe Roberto or Paul would like to chime in? Plus it seems not many people are checking the threads this year.

If not it'll be like New Orleans where people were confirming and anoucing the Oyster Factory before even trying to contact the place or find out if we could fit as a group.

Anyway as long as the food is acceptable, I don't care.

07 July 2011
Hey!

I'll Skype the call from here if you like, just to find out if this number would be able to be held in there. Being Sunday night right before a big conference, (something I'm sure they'd be ready for), I reckon there'd be no problem.

And I agree. Anyway as long as the food is acceptable, I don't care either.

07 July 2011
Sorry to post so late but Steam Works Brew would only take reservations for 8 people.

08 August 2011
Originally Posted by roderickweise: Sorry to post so late but Steam Works Brew would only take reservations for 8 people.

This could be problematic. Worth hitting up Lions Tavern maybe? If people start rocking up at Steam Works they could be directed across the road.

08 August 2011
Originally Posted by roderickweise: Sorry to post so late but Steam Works Brew would only take reservations for 8 people.

If we changed places now, there'd be people showing up at the wrong spot. Could we maybe have 2 or 3 more people each make reservations for 8?

-jeremy

08 August 2011
If they say no, do this! -->

08 August 2011
Steamworks has a pretty large patio from what I can remember. But yeah maybe having a few people call and book a table is the way to go.

www.divisionof8.com
www.delicatemachines.com
Vimeo Videos

08 August 2011
You can book online via OpenTable. Also I emailed them about the costs of the wine room for events out of curiosity (if they reply I'll post here).

If 2-3 people are going to book 2-3 tables, it'll probably be best if it's going to be people who are going to be there at 7, I myself will go after the Papers Fast Forward.

08 August 2011
I'm with Paul on this one. If that doesn't get through to them, it will at least put them into a seizure!

That's a good point, malducin. I'll be going to the Fast Forward event too, so I will be there late. I think reserving multiple tables at the Brewing Co. is the best alternative, though.

Can't wait to see/meet you all!

08 August 2011
Space wise, Steamworks is a huge restaurant/bar so it should fit a lot of people! Let me know if you have any questions, I'm a local to the area.

Thread Closed share thread