CGTalk Meetup in Vancouver

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2011   #31
Right on! Thanks again, roderickweise!

Old 07 July 2011   #32
I'll try to make it.

I actually had lunch there a couple of summers ago, it wasn't good at all. Kinda felt like a failed attempt to jump on the microbrew bandwagon.
Great location with lots of outdoor seating, though.
If they don't want the business, I'm sure there's better breweries around.
Boundary Bay is world class, but it's a bit of a drive and involves crossing the border (Bellingham, WA)

Tim

Old 07 July 2011   #33
No one is going to drive to Bellingham from Vancouver just to get beer, there is PLENTY of good places to drink in Vancouver hehe also far more convenient as far as meeting places go.
Steamworks aint bad I am also not a fan of the food there either, could try "Rogue" right inside Waterfront station , was there last week they had plenty of drink options and the food was not bad either.

Old 07 July 2011   #34
LOL! I hear they make beer in Canada too

Yeah I'm flying from Australia, direct Sydney - Vancouver, so I don't have to go thru customs/immigration in USA to then go to Canada. No way am I gonna go over the border for a pint. and again.

Originally Posted by tctdvm: I'll try to make it.

I actually had lunch there a couple of summers ago, it wasn't good at all. Kinda felt like a failed attempt to jump on the microbrew bandwagon.
Great location with lots of outdoor seating, though.
If they don't want the business, I'm sure there's better breweries around.
Boundary Bay is world class, but it's a bit of a drive and involves crossing the border (Bellingham, WA)

Tim

Old 07 July 2011   #35
...just to get a beer, he says...

Although, I don't actually think I've ever had a Vancouver born beer.

I did a Victoria beer tour many years back, but that was pre-BeerSnobbery.

Yaletown seems like it caters to larger groups, but it was across town and didn't seem to have a legitimate physical location... just saying, if Steamworks doesn't want us.

T

Old 07 July 2011   #36

/is this 10 characters yet

Old 07 July 2011   #37
Originally Posted by PaulHellard: LOL! I hear they make beer in Canada too

Yeah I'm flying from Australia, direct Sydney - Vancouver, so I don't have to go thru customs/immigration in USA to then go to Canada. No way am I gonna go over the border for a pint. and again.

Ah Lucky! I've gotta go through LAX, so not looking forward to the whole security thing there. Going across the border again probably wouldn't be ideal for me either.

Old 07 July 2011   #38
Originally Posted by PaulHellard: LOL! I hear they make beer in Canada too

Lucky man, couldn't find cheap direct flights, but at least I'm not making a stop in Phoenix!

So are we sticking with Steamworks? Did a little research and found several places some very close to the convention center. Like Mahony & Sons Public House, Moose's Down Under, St. Regis Bar and Grill, Elephant & Castle, Goldies Pizza, and Kingston Taphouse & Grille

Any locals want to comment?

Old 07 July 2011   #39
I have a layover in toronto. :/ But in comparison my flight aren't very bad compared to everyone elses since i am flying out of albany, ny.

I am going to have to google the meet up place. I suck at navigation and get lost easily.

Old 07 July 2011   #40
Count me in!

Old 07 July 2011   #41
I'll be there!!

Old 07 July 2011   #42
Sounds very good, hope i can make it !!
I just started to use these forums .... but i guess that won't be a problem

Old 07 July 2011   #43
I will be there as well. I can be a Vancouver tour guide to you guys.

Old 07 July 2011   #44
I'll be there! I'll also be bringing a friend! +2 headcount

I'm looking forward to meetup with everyone!

Old 07 July 2011   #45
Count me in as well. Should be fun,

Thread Closed share thread