Places to Eat / Drink / Shop

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2011   #16
I've been interested in trying out Japadog after I saw it on the Food Network a couple months ago. The cart looks to be generally near the convention center too.

http://www.japadog.com/en/

Old 07 July 2011   #17
Probably an easy one for locals: i want to meet somebody at Siggraph and neither of us has been there.
Where is the easiest (not too crowded, unambigious and easiest to find) spot in the convention center to do this?

Last edited by katisss : 07 July 2011 at 07:06 AM.

Old 08 August 2011   #18
My list

Things to do in Vancouver

FIREWORKS Saturday and Wednesday nights! Best viewed from English Bay or Kitsilano (can also be seen somewhat from the Wicklow pub)

The Wicklow Pub -You can take a small $3 ferry ride over here and there's a beautiful view of False Creek. It is one of the only places in Vancouver where you can make reservations on a Friday/Sat. Great Beer and food.

Guu -Awesomely creative Japanese food: Guu (near burrard/robson)

The Eatery -This place is in Kitsilano across the bridge but you should def check out Kits beach if at all possible anyway. The Eatery has very creative and awesome sushi rolls.

Shabusen - Japanese/Korean BBQ fusion... try their BBQ beef! Love this place! Amazing all you can eat.

Judas Goat
- Neat little tapas restaurant in a dirty alley in Gastown but awesome tapas!!

The Morrissey - This place is ALWAYS populated by CG Artists and people in the industry and they play great music and are the latest bar open DT... check it out.

White Spot - If you haven't been to Vancouver before try this place. They make good burgers and its kind of a staple of the lower mainland with lots of information inside about the history etc.

Stanley Park Seawall - I recommend everyone do this on a nice day. Maybe rent bikes or rollerblades. It's an awesomely beautiful way to see the Pacific Northwest.

Vancity - DO NOT call Vancouver VanCity... that is lame. There is a credit union called VanCity. Isn't that enough? We know it's a CITY. The city is called Vancouver, thanxabunch.

Last edited by BRUTICUS : 08 August 2011 at 09:46 PM.

Old 08 August 2011   #19
Originally Posted by katisss: Probably an easy one for locals: i want to meet somebody at Siggraph and neither of us has been there.
Where is the easiest (not too crowded, unambigious and easiest to find) spot in the convention center to do this?

Directly under the giant Globe at the main enterance.

Old 08 August 2011   #20
also go to Chill Winston in gastown.. really neat place.. great area.. nice patio in a central gastown area

Old 08 August 2011   #21
BRUTICUS you are my CGuide. awesome info. thanks a bunch. im switching this page to print mode and inking it out.

Old 08 August 2011   #22
I agree! Thanks so much for all the helpful info, BRUTICUS!

Old 08 August 2011   #23
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread