FAQs

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2011   #31
Originally Posted by aNodia: Id love to know what is the main goal: to show your artistic capabilities, create a beautiful image? or to come up with a cool "new" idea?
All the above!

Old 05 May 2011   #32
Originally Posted by jondiyolahe: Hello
i have 2 question plz

can i upload 2 final image ?

and can i upload a video for the final image ?

thanks alot

MikeHepburn ----
" There will be no video component to this competition at all. This is only a still image competition."

If you have different concept you can enter both as final image or two final image of the same, I believe thats what they meant. If im incorrect they will notify us soon.

Old 05 May 2011   #33
Question: Does the image submitted have to be completely digitally created or can it be based off a real photo with cg added?

Thanks,
Vinny

Old 05 May 2011   #34
Quick question

Hi all,

I was just wondering if I'm creating a kind of communication device, like a smart phone or pad or something, is it ok to have on its screen a page open from facebook, twitter or wikipedia for example just to demonstrate certain options in the device?

Thanks

Old 05 May 2011   #35
Question Under 18

Hi,

I am under 18, so I am not able to officially submit anything. However, I am wondering if those under 18 could submit items to an unofficial version of this contest, just to be able to compare their entries to those above the age of 18. The idea behind this is to allow those under 18 to compete with those above 18, but not for the prizes. I would think it beneficial for this age group to be able to somehow partake in this contest.

-Best regards,
Jake S.

Old 05 May 2011   #36
how are we suppose to show how the product works? For the text submission do we explain it there? or should we make a diagram? Or should we figure out it for ourselves? Thanks

Old 05 May 2011   #37
Design

Will judging be based solely on "artistic merit of the image" and "best product visualization" (which to me sound pretty similar)? or will the ingenuity of the actual product be taken into account? It seems to me that doing a very beautiful rendering of a glorified iPod is maybe not so impressive as a beautiful rendering of an innovative design.

Old 05 May 2011   #38
Talking

I hope everyone renewed their issues of Popular Science...

Old 05 May 2011   #39
image size

Can I submit an image in portrait format 1600 x 2560 ?

Old 05 May 2011   #40
Is anyone gonna answer my question before the competition is over?

Old 05 May 2011   #41
Not loading photo

I don't know why the photo isn't loading. All of the area's of loading the photo are being meet with the 196 chartacters and so on. Is anyone else having this probelm?

Old 05 May 2011   #42
Originally Posted by eissahesham: is it ok to have on its screen a page open from facebook, twitter or wikipedia for example just to demonstrate certain options in the device?
I would say no.
"All entries should be original and not a derivative of existing work" & "By entering the competition the entrant warrants that they are the sole copyright holder"
- from the terms and conditions.

Old 05 May 2011   #43
Originally Posted by Paularskog: I don't know why the photo isn't loading. All of the area's of loading the photo are being meet with the 196 chartacters and so on. Is anyone else having this probelm?
should be 191 characters max!

Originally Posted by keenly: Image extensions should be: JPG or PNG
Image Names cannot include spaces or special characters.

for anyone having trouble uploading, can you please provide the image name | extension | size (because it helps me)

If it's still not uploading, email (info at CGSociety.org) me the image and i will suss it out.

Old 05 May 2011   #44
Originally Posted by BebeteLANUITE: Hi,
I just have a question. I have two concepts and i see in the "terms and conditions" that multiple entries are permitted.
But how can i do to present the concepts ?
Can i post two final images ?

Thanks a lot for your answer ;-)
Yes, you can post as many final images as you like.

Originally Posted by arillos: Can I submit an image in portrait format 1600 x 2560 ?
No. landscape only

Originally Posted by JakeSchwartz: However, I am wondering if those under 18 could submit items to an unofficial version of this contest,
You're welcome to start a thread here on the forums.

Last edited by keenly : 05 May 2011 at 03:37 AM.

Old 06 June 2011   #45
probleme

you one can add other images
if so how?

thank you

reply share thread