FAQs

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2011   #16
What type of files will be permitted to be entered (such as tif/jpg/bmp/targa).

Old 05 May 2011   #17
Originally Posted by Emmuh: What type of files will be permitted to be entered (such as tif/jpg/bmp/targa).

good question:
High quality .jpg or .png only.

Old 05 May 2011   #18
I mean nature of the technology is changing day by day and it wont remain fixed for one decade. So let me ask my question more clear that what kind of creativity do you mean: "making a new portable device"? or "just performing today portable devices in a new form" ? Creativity in structure that lead us to "invent" a new thing or creativity in form that lead us to "perform" a present thing nicer...?

Old 05 May 2011   #19
Originally Posted by shock_level_4: I mean nature of the technology is changing day by day and it wont remain fixed for one decade. So let me ask my question more clear that what kind of creativity do you mean: "making a new portable device"? or "just performing today portable devices in a new form" ? Creativity in structure that lead us to "invent" a new thing or creativity in form that lead us to "perform" a present thing nicer...?

you're making question when you already wrote the answer "I mean nature of the technology is changing day by day and it wont remain fixed for one decade" - so if you think ist gonna be like that, than by all means create something that wont remain fixed for a decade.

Or as Mike said -- "I think a good way to tackle this is look at how far we’ve come in the last 10 years. What we have now, make the tablets, phones and notebooks of a decade ago look like something from the olden days already! Imagine how much more advanced and cool these devices will be in 2021!"

Things are really clear if you want to be more clear go to the inspiration link that'll help a lot.

Good luck on the challenge

Old 05 May 2011   #20
How will "achievable in a decade" be determine? Such as, will it be based off what is currently in development? Will it need to be produced to the mass public in 10 years? Or just able to produce a prototype? How will you determine what technologies will be out in the next 10 years and how far along in the developmental process those technologies are?

Old 05 May 2011   #21
Originally Posted by Emmuh: How will "achievable in a decade" be determine?

If your device doesn't exist by 2021 we will come to your homes and take back the prizes...

Seriously though, if you think it's believable that should be fine.
however, I'd say we're assuming the planet will still be the same. (NOT tools for survival against the zombie apocalypse)

http://challenge.cgsociety.org/nvar...piration#jumpto

Last edited by keenly : 05 May 2011 at 06:44 AM.

Old 05 May 2011   #22
here's a simpler question. does the device have to be portable: cell, notebook, watch, etc.? Or it could be something on a bigger scale like a car, bike, or even a building?

Old 05 May 2011   #23
problems submitting art

Is anyone else having a problem uploading their files to the submission gallery for this competition? My files have not been uploading for a couple of days.

Thanks

Old 05 May 2011   #24
More info...?

Id love to know what is the main goal: to show your artistic capabilities, create a beautiful image? or to come up with a cool "new" idea?

Old 05 May 2011   #25
Originally Posted by kenju: here's a simpler question. does the device have to be portable: cell, notebook, watch, etc.? Or it could be something on a bigger scale like a car, bike, or even a building?

As the intro says "Show us how your device integrates with the daily human experience in a revolutionary". In the inspiration I dont see any house or auto. But surely doesn't have to be a phone. Just create something new or inspired that you can bring with you. I dont see this challenge going for a car theme... but if you make a portable car by all means go ahead.

cheers

Old 05 May 2011   #26
Originally Posted by theinkknight: Is anyone else having a problem uploading their files to the submission gallery for this competition? My files have not been uploading for a couple of days.

Thanks

Has anyone else tired to upload an image to the gallery lately? When I pick my file, nothing happens and doesn't load. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

Old 05 May 2011   #27
Hi,
I just have a question. I have two concepts and i see in the "terms and conditions" that multiple entries are permitted.
But how can i do to present the concepts ?
Can i post two final images ?

Thanks a lot for your answer ;-)

Old 05 May 2011   #28
i have a question plz
can i uplod 2 final image ??

Old 05 May 2011   #29
Originally Posted by theinkknight: Is anyone else having a problem uploading their files to the submission gallery for this competition? My files have not been uploading for a couple of days.

Thanks

What is the file size and dimensions of the image you are trying to upload?

Try and keep your WIP images around 2560 x 1600 too, huge images may cause memory problems when trying to upload.

Also.
Image extensions should be: JPG or PNG
Image Names cannot include spaces or special characters.

for anyone having trouble uploading, can you please provide the image name | extension | size (because it helps me)

Hope that helps.

Last edited by keenly : 05 May 2011 at 12:41 AM.

Old 05 May 2011   #30
Hello
i have 2 question plz

can i upload 2 final image ?

and can i upload a video for the final image ?

thanks alot

reply share thread