detailing dezkin - Essex

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2011
detailing dezkin - Essex

Hey all,

It's been interesting attempting to learn Mari for this competition. I think I still have a lot to learn...
Anyways, here's my color map of the knee so far.

02 February 2011
That's looking really good so far, seems realistic and well worn.

02 February 2011
I've been working on the arm a bit. Unfortunately things are moving along slower than I'd like. My GTX 460 card seems to be a bit underpowered for Mari...

02 February 2011
I like it the color map of the knee...looks great..wishing to see more parts.

02 February 2011
Hi ! Nice detail ! The rust in my opinion is exaggerated, because it should appear where the paint is chipped off.From what i saw, under the chipped paint the steel seems to be galvanized.In this case the rust is more subtle, more like a yellow leak, like here :

http://cdn3.iofferphoto.com/img/ite...-rust-3f63f.JPG

And the surface needs a bit more variation, in value and saturation.Please don't be mad at me, it's just my opinion.

02 February 2011
Hey guys here's a small update of the scarf color map. The gray/white areas at the edges are an opacity map cutting out the color. I'm not sure if there's a way to actually show opacity in Mari.

02 February 2011
metal is looking great

02 February 2011
Here's the knee pad color map I've been working.

02 February 2011
love the way you treat metal

02 February 2011
Wow

Wow...the amount of detail and "life" in that metal texture is really nice, keep it up! I really like the kneepads and scarf aswell! is it all just textures so far or are you playing with bump/normals aswell?

Cheers!

02 February 2011
Thanks Guys!

johanalfort: These images are just the color maps applied.

Here's an update of the boots so far:

02 February 2011
that looks realy cool
i have to say u got some skills love the colours too

02 February 2011
Update of the jacket progress. It has color, bump, opacity, and a normal created from ZBrush using alphas created in Mari. no spec map applied... forgot to turn on the channel for the snapshots.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the background color for snapshots in Mari? I like the feature but I'd prefer 50% neutral gray.

02 February 2011
Originally Posted by Essex: Update of the jacket progress. It has color, bump, opacity, and a normal created from ZBrush using alphas created in Mari. no spec map applied... forgot to turn on the channel for the snapshots.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the background color for snapshots in Mari? I like the feature but I'd prefer 50% neutral gray.

1.2v2 has updates to this feature including grey background and auto-increment file numbers. It should be out is a week or so.

J

03 March 2011
That's awesome to here Jack. Maybe I should ask for more things... haha

Well, here's an update. A few of the upper torso pieces all together. Still lots to do. I'll have to adjust the colors now that I'm seeing all these pieces together.

Thread Closed share thread