Dominance War V General Discussion Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 03 March 2011   #31
Originally Posted by Alexzavr: guys where our theme? I want to create my theme and start my wip, someone please tell me when and where ???

http://www.dominancewar.com/2010/main/en_rules.php .Rules.

Old 03 March 2011   #32
So where about's do we start posting work? I've noticed some forums have a special DW V sub-forum where you post stuff. I have seen that the submission process this year is apparently different from DW IV in that you don't have to submit via Game Artisans, so far no new info on that but it mentions the DW V page will be updated over the next few days.

Old 03 March 2011   #33
Originally Posted by Phoenix-06: So where about's do we start posting work? I've noticed some forums have a special DW V sub-forum where you post stuff. I have seen that the submission process this year is apparently different from DW IV in that you don't have to submit via Game Artisans, so far no new info on that but it mentions the DW V page will be updated over the next few days.

I think since the DWV just gone live, all the forums will slowly over the duration of the day updates the sub forum for wip threads. Many of the mods here are have a 9-5 job. So i presume updates will take place a little later in the day if not early tomorrow.

Phoenix, what you can do in the mean time without losing that enthusiastic drive is to take a look through the themes and rules sets. you can sketch the ideas now and post em up when the sub forums are ready.

Old 03 March 2011   #34
Originally Posted by PuiArt: I think since the DWV just gone live, all the forums will slowly over the duration of the day updates the sub forum for wip threads. Many of the mods here are have a 9-5 job. So i presume updates will take place a little later in the day if not early tomorrow.

Phoenix, what you can do in the mean time without losing that enthusiastic drive is to take a look through the themes and rules sets. you can sketch the ideas now and post em up when the sub forums are ready.

Yeah I started doing some quick thumbnails and basic ideas, it seems this years DM is a lot less restricted before it seems there were different races, then classes within said race and more this one all you do is make a GOD for any kind of race you want be in cryborg, demon, machine and so on. But that's a little harder than it sounds I think.

Old 03 March 2011   #35
Hey guys, if it helps on GA we have just beeing making our own threads in the Dominance War folder. Really looking forward to seeing what you guys do

Old 03 March 2011   #36
how to entry the challenge??

hey guys

i just done one unearthly challenge from game artisans, but i follow this forum (also if i never post ) from much more time ago and i prefer to stay here, but i don't know how to enter the challenge

can someone help me??

in GA was more heasy because there was one page with a lot of thumbnails that you click one and this become your entry, but here i don't know, so i ask it to you

is from the first dominance war that i follow it and unfortunatly i never partecipate it, this time i decided to do it
please help me

ps: i have a question... where post the WIP and other sheet if it cant be posted outside of here?? in the cg portfolio??

www.heavybrush.com

Last edited by Heavybrush : 03 March 2011 at 02:55 AM.

Old 03 March 2011   #37
Sk8erWolf - Go to the site and read the instructions. Come back here and start your WIP thread. More info for final submissions will come later. Q&A goes in the Q&A thread.

Old 03 March 2011   #38
yes, i just read it all, and i'm trying to follow all the instructions but when i go to 2D entry
by cg society it tell me this

"After listing to suggestions, a new public voting system for DW is being finalized. Please begin by reading the rules - HERE - and when ready, begin your entry on your chosen forum. You will be notified by forum leaders when the system is complete. Enjoy the challenge and see you back here soon"

so i click "HERE" and i restart it all, but i don't know where i can tell to the site "i just read it all"

and if i click on my nick name down it resend me on game artisans page

www.heavybrush.com

Last edited by Heavybrush : 03 March 2011 at 03:30 AM.

Old 03 March 2011   #39
You must start your WIP thread on CGSociety in this forum.
There is nothing for you to enter on the DW site (yet).

Old 03 March 2011   #40
Originally Posted by Sk8erWolf: yes, i just read it all, and i'm trying to follow all the instructions but when i go to 2D entry
by cg society it tell me this

"After listing to suggestions, a new public voting system for DW is being finalized. Please begin by reading the rules - HERE - and when ready, begin your entry on your chosen forum. You will be notified by forum leaders when the system is complete. Enjoy the challenge and see you back here soon"

so i click "HERE" and i restart it all, but i don't know where i can tell to the site "i just read it all"

and if i click on my nick name down it resend me on game artisans page

I think its about final images that we going to submit at main site.

Old 03 March 2011   #41
ah ok
so i open my thread
thanks

do you think we can use videogames photo reference??
and where we can upload our works if we cannot post outside of here?? i don't have an FTP and i'm tinkinking to post on cg portfolio, i don't know, i never done it

www.heavybrush.com

Last edited by Heavybrush : 03 March 2011 at 05:52 AM.

Old 03 March 2011   #42
Hahha omg, I can't believe after all my camping of the website, I actually missed it go live by two days XD!

SO EXCITING. GOODLUCK GUYS!

Old 03 March 2011   #43
I'm not answering any further questions in this thread. If you have a question, please post it in the Q&A thread.

Old 03 March 2011   #44
Originally Posted by NavigatorJones: Hahha omg, I can't believe after all my camping of the website, I actually missed it go live by two days XD!

SO EXCITING. GOODLUCK GUYS!

Lol, yeah, I had the same thing. I had it open in my browser since end of february and just pressed refresh daily. When that last image went up it stayed up when I pressed refresh even after it went live. Must've been that cache error thingy. But we're off now!

Good luck to all participants!
My blog

Old 03 March 2011   #45
Unhappy

Hy every one! I just have a question, i made my thread in the Dominace War V 3D. Thats the only thing that i need to do to participate in the Dominace War V?

Please if any can help my i really appreciate! My thread is:

Dominance War V Ancelmo Toledo God of Wreckage

reply share thread