Dominance War V Q&A Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

03 March 2011
@Kirt - Awesome, just wanted to make sure!

03 March 2011
animation entry

hi, i want to participate in animation dept. there are characters to use, how can i download them?

03 March 2011
Piotrkura - On the rules page, there are images of the models that you must use. Click on the image of the character you wish to use and the OBJ file will download.

03 March 2011
ok, sorry its an browser issue i have to rmb save content as.. sorry and thank you.

03 March 2011
sorry I can't find my new Thread in DWV.
I don't know why happen it.

03 March 2011
Originally Posted by Kirt: I don't think there is a need for additional forums. We used one forum for the past challenges and it worked fine.

I second the request to separate the DW entries into the three different disciplines. Seems much cleaner that way, and a lot easier to browse updates of what you want quickly. I'm going to be especially curious with the animation updates as they happen and I can foresee myself having to scroll through pages of concept and 3d entries just to find new animation entries. Animation updates will happen much less frequent than concept or 3d, guaranteed.

03 March 2011
We haven't even surpassed 50 entries. So, no. Not going to add additional forums when there is no need. If it gets out of hand (probably somewhere in the 300-400 thread count range) then I'll consider the request.

If you don't want to loose a thread, then subscribe to it. Thanks.

03 March 2011
I agree with gatecrasher, I think we should separate the disciplines. Only makes sense to in terms of feedback and focused critiques. It's always nice to have feedback from all backgrounds but I honestly don't want to sift through hundreds of concept and 3d threads to find the few animation threads that we'll probably see here. And to have to go through and subscribe to each "animation" thread is kind of ridiculous.

Also keep in mind that animation threads will tend to be updated less frequently than a concept or 3d thread... so they're going to get lost extremely quick. Thanks.

03 March 2011
Anyone pls help me with this serious problem .........

01 - Im very much interested in participating DW V under CGSociety team ......, but you are having Quota system which let me upload images only up to the capacity around 550Kb or so ... I have previously submitted images to "Bedroom" lighting challenge and unfortunately those threads are now locked and I cant delete those attachments now, hence i have only 273KB of uploading quota remaining. This is a problem for me becaus i cant post my new WIPs without deleting the old ones, and even worse .... If my final entry is larger Than 273Kbs how can i upload it after all the hard work ??? .... May be this is a misunderstanding so correct me or pls let me know a solution kindly.

02 - You guys have this great system implemented successfully (except the little "Deadline bug" at the last moment) for the last CGSociety challenge "Dreamscape", which allowed us to submit Concept art Entries, WIPs and final entries in a beautifully catagoraised way .... which made real good sense ... may be its too late ... but is there any way that we can use that system for DW V as well ??

03 March 2011
Viper3d - I've already addressed this. If there were "hundreds" of submissions I might tend to agree. But with the current number of submissions, it's easy enough to sort or search the forum for the entries that you're looking for.

ipranawake- You can post a request in the support forum to have some of your old attachments to be removed. Just be sure to include links to the items so it's easier for the Admins to find them. Or you can host your images on CGPortfolio or any other image hosting site (such as photobucket) without having to worry about using your image attachment quota.

The final images are to be submitted to the Dominance War site and is in no way affiliated with CGSociety (other than our participation in their challenge). So our submission system won't be of much use.

03 March 2011
hi ipranawake,

probably the easiest solution is to upload your wips to an online gallery such as imageshack.us, photobucket.com or deviantart.com etc. and then link the images to your forum post. This should allow you to display more higher resolution pictures and its kind of easier to use than the default system here.

03 March 2011
i'll give it a shot

Last edited by bpsola : 03 March 2011 at 01:52 AM.

03 March 2011
Talking

Thank you so much Kirt and Dakonerster for the advise .... I thought any image that has something to do with our entries should not exist anywhere outside this forum (It was not said in the rules ... so .... im the fool here ... )

I have never used it ... but ill checkout photobucket.com ...... thank you guys .....

Im ready to roll .......

03 March 2011
Question Blend shapes?

Can we add blend shapes
as part of the rigging process ??

I just don't want to get
disqualified for changing the mesh.

Thank you.

03 March 2011
Question Particles and debries

Hi there
On the official rules page the following statement exists :
"Particle systems are allowed. Use solid mesh planes to depict your particle system(s). Physic modifiers are also allowed"

Question: I was thinking of making fire, smoke, water etc. with simple dots (many many dots ). Does that comply with the rules?
And also: Can i use object meshes for debris ? Or do i have to use mesh planes that as well?

reply share thread