Pre-Dominance War V Voting is Now Open!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2010
Voted. Some sweet entries in the 3D category. Can't wait to start the main challenge.

12 December 2010
when the vote result gonna show up ?

12 December 2010
Spent 40 minutes and I'm still only half way through leewiart 2D. That voting system is dreadful.

12 December 2010
I voted for all categories and all teams ... there went my weekend :S But I want to support initiatives like Dominance War, because basically it feels like mini-olympics to me. From what I gathered it costs more money than that it brings in. Often projects like these are started with the best intentions. When it becomes too large, it becomes too much for one person to handle. Fred isn't an evil agency or something, he's a fellow artist who wanted a competition like Dominance War, so he started one.

Hope to hear positive news about the main event. Looking forward to it as I have some lessons learned to take into practice.

And about Leewiart: definately the strongest group in the 2D section! The average is a lot higher than most of the other groups and to have entries sticking out in such a group is just mindboggling! I had to select by being nitpicking about stuff like "didn't include character class names, gone", or otherwise I'd never be able to narrow it down. With the great entries from previous DWs, I was a bit disappointed with CG Land's entries this round. Hopefully they'll be back on track during the main event.
My blog

12 December 2010
I agree that LeewiArt definitely had the strongest entries in the 2d section. The Russians did well too. In the 3d section Polycount had the best entries, I think.

Actually I was a bit surprised, that CGSociety didn't do better in the 2d section. I mean after looking at the past cgchallenges here, I would expect to see a lot of great art in DW from CGS - especially in 2d. Anyway in animation CGS did very well

12 December 2010
Originally Posted by lewchico: Seems more than a little fishy..why would this fellow behave as such a philanthrope...hmmm..a martyr to art perhaps....years of hard work for relatively nothing...too good to be true?....or a dodgy agent...would be hardly suprising,after all our industry is surrounded by vultures feeding off artist's insecurities,both financial and career wise....vigilance dudes!

This is pretty ugly presumption, without backing it up with facts.

12 December 2010
Certainly won't be able to vote on everything. Taken about 4hrs so far and only done about 60% of 2D. But it'll have to do... Happy Christmas, everyone

12 December 2010
Hey hey ; I have a speed technic to vote and watch all entry :

With Google Chrome ;
- click on all the thumbnails of a page with the middle mouse button, ( it's open a lot of tabs )
- navigate in all the tabs with the mouse wheels ( when the mouse pointer position is over the tabs on the top ).
- With a sheet of paper or a notepad ; note the nickname of your favorite and attribute stars.
- After it's easy to close all the tabs by closing the main Google chrome windows, and vote.

With this tricks I could vote to all the 2D in around 1 hour, and watch all the picture.
Good job all ! ( I participated into the 3DVF team )

12 December 2010
I don't know why but for some reason the entry I submitted isn't in the judging! :(

01 January 2011
Well that sucks. Did you ask why ? Was your submission too late or over 1000pixels in one dimension?
My blog

01 January 2011
a bit off topic... main event??

but i can't find anything about the main event (which i thought was to start already). is it still going to be going on? does anyone know where to find any info? i looked on GA already, and only find stuff about the pre-

01 January 2011
I wouldn't have anything against what they tried to do with printing and selling the work if it was stipulated in the rules, prior to people actually beginning work on the challenge. I can see why some people got their panties in a bunch over it.

Same goes for poster sales from last year.

I've been interested in entering this contest but it's horribly organized, I really don't even know where to begin.

PS. Really liked Baron Impossible's 2d entry, glad you changed the skinny guy, didn't like him when he was an insect The fat guy rules!

01 January 2011
As far as I understood organization of Dominance War V has become too large for one person to handle and currently the batton is either being handed over or there are talks in progress. I doubt this will happen overnight. No news has been given on the matter, like when this all will happen, who's going to take over, if there are any contenders at all and such.
My blog

01 January 2011
...I agree!,..it's tough trying to vote, finding the time to check everything!

I hope they update with some fresh info soon!!!
Happy New Year everyone!

01 January 2011
There's been an update - http://www.dominancewar.com/2010/en/article_7.php

Seems he's going to be doing it afterall. It's now dependant on donations to keep the competition running, I'm not sure what was running it before, sponserships maybe. But this is good news, hope it stays running.

Thread Closed share thread