|07 July 2014||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2012
Senior 2D Pipeline Developer - ScanlineVFX (Vancouver)
Scanline VFX Vancouver is hiring for a Senior 2D Pipeline Developer
The position of 2D Pipeline Developer is available immediately.
Current projects in production: Batman vs Superman, Hunger Games Mocking Jay: Part 1, San Andreas, Fast & Furious 7, Pan, and Heart of the Sea.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Works with the Head of Pipeline and Production to architect, develop and maintain new and existing production tools and supporting modules in Nuke, Silhouette, Shotgun and other software used by our facilities, using primarily python.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
• Design, build, and maintain software using a variety of languages, tools, and 3rd-party packages in a team environment
• Advanced expertise with Nuke a requirement, specifically with the ability to program new tools and plug-ins for project based needs
• 3+ years VFX Pipeline experience required
• Excellent Python, C++, and TCL knowledge
• Experience automating complex processes of scenes that consist of a large number of VFX assets.
• Production experience with computer graphics application software: Nuke
Possesses Understanding of Color Science
• VFX development production experience with a deep understanding of pipeline based workflows from start to finish including but not limited to production and delivery deadlines.
• Excellence in problem solving
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• Ability to handle high stress environments
• Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types
Additional Skills that are a Plus:
• Basic knowledge of 3D packages such as 3DS Max and Maya
• Linux experience
• Qt, PyQt knowledge
• Knowledge of relational database design and implementation
• Development experience with digital media formats, media viewers and media architectures as related to the computer animation and/or visual effects production.
Degree in computer science
• Familiarity with any other computer graphics related software not listed above
• Understanding and experience with client-server and other multi-tiered system environments.
To apply for any of our open positions, please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio to:
We are unable to return materials, so please don't submit originals. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
|reply share thread|