|07 July 2014||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2012
Senior MAX/MAYA Pipeline Developer - ScanlineVFX (Vancouver)
Scanline VFX Vancouver is hiring for a Senior Max/Maya Pipeline Developer
The position of a Max/Maya Pipeline Developer is available immediately.
Current projects in production: Batman vs Superman, Hunger Games Mocking Jay: Part 1, San Andreas, Fast & Furious 7, Pan, and Heart of the Sea.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with the Head of Technology to architect, develop and maintain new and existing production tools and supporting modules in 3dsmax, Maya, and other software used by our facilities, using primarily maxscript, python and mel.
Responsibilities also include automating the use of Flowline, our proprietary, Academy Award-winning simulation software -- connecting it to our asset management system and creating an optimized workflow according to long-term and production-specific needs.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
• Design, build, and maintain software using a variety of languages, tools, and 3rd-party packages in a team environment
• Advanced expertise with 3Ds Max and/or Maya a requirement, specifically with the ability to program new tools and plug-ins for project based needs
• 3+ years VFX Pipeline experience required
• Excellent Maxscript, Python, C++, and MEL knowledge
• Experience automating complex processes of scenes that consist of a large number of VFX assets.
• Experience with Motion Capture and other VFX related simulations
• Production experience with computer graphics application software: 3Ds Max and/or Maya
• VFX development production experience with a deep understanding of pipeline based workflows from start to finish including but not limited to production and delivery deadlines.
• Masters degree in Mathematics of related study required
• Excellence in problem solving
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• Ability to handle high stress environments
• Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types
Additional Skills That are a Plus:
• Basic knowledge of the API, SDK of any 3D packages
• Linux experience
• Qt, PyQt knowledge
• Knowledge of relational database design and implementation
• Development experience with digital media formats, media viewers and media architectures as related to the computer animation and/or visual effects production.
• Knowledge of compositing applications, Nuke preferred.
• Familiarity with any other computer graphics related software not listed above
• Understanding and experience with client-server and other multi-tiered system environments.
To apply for any of our open positions, please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio to:
We are unable to return materials, so please don't submit originals. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
|reply share thread|