|11-16-2012, 09:11 PM||#1|
Amherst, United States
Join Date: Mar 2005
Lead Artist Position Full-Time MA, USA
HitPoint seeks an experienced Lead Artist to join our team currently producing a series of children’s games for a high profile client and IP. This is a full-time, on-site only position. You’ll be working side-by-side with our team in our lovely Western Massachusetts based office.
Our Art Lead:
You will inspire and support a self-motivated and passionate group to meet the exacting standards we aim for and are expected to provide. Your positive attitude, excellent leadership, and practiced time management skills will continue to keep us creative, organized and focused.
Your skills and expertise are invaluable assets – not just for your own artwork, but for inspiring and mentoring ours.
Your game industry experience will be called on for key decision making in design, and for creative problem solving.
You are equally comfortable working with a concept artist, 3d artist, 2d animator or scene painter; and able to see art process from idea to production through to marketing. You’re able to swiftly adapt to a wide range of styles.
You are able to clearly and confidently express your ideas via a number of visual tools, and equally are able to communicate your ideas, feedback and decisions to others.
• Clearly communicating quality standards, design and art specifications, visual references and expectations to art team (both inhouse and contracted)
• Understanding and maintaining canon, branding, style, and quality bar for triple A IP
• Providing clear and constructive critical feedback to team
• Building and managing an organized art pipeline and process for both internal team and external clients.
• Art production: concepts; 3D modeling, texturing, lighting and animating. Possible 2D painting and animation.
• Monitoring the integration of graphical data in the engine.
• Tracking and estimating time and percentage completions, and reporting on Art Team’s production to key stakeholders.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in creating high-quality 3D art assets for commercial games and proven excellent 3D technical skills (modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, optimization – Maya preferred)
• Minimum 3 years experience producing high-quality 3D animations.
• Minimum 3 years experience working in a team producing 2D animation. Ideally, some proven hands-on ability to produce 2D animation.
• Experience working with and creating visual FX with particle system packages.
• Minimum 3 years experience using the industry standard 3D and 2d software tools and packages (Maya, 3dMax, ZBrush, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc..).
• Experience working with and ability to adapt to project management/data tracking systems ( such as Tortoise SVN, Fogbugz, Team Foundation Server.).
• Ability to mentor and guide external and internal art teams.
• Ability to develop plans and make recommendations that will continually raise the art quality bar on our products.
• Ability to partner with Engineering, Art & Design disciplines to help drive projects to completion..
• Self-motivated, highly-positive, creative and adaptive problem solver, team builder, and subject matter expert.
• Passion for games.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
HitPoint is an award-winning game development company located in beautiful Western Massachusetts. Specializing in a wide range of cutting-edge development genres and platforms including social, mobile, and downloadable games, HitPoint has ongoing partnerships with many major publishers including Microsoft, BigFish Games, Glu Mobile and WildTangent.
This position is full-time, but has a 3 month contract trial period. Full time benefits include 401k, full health and dental, paid time off, flex holidays and more.
To apply: Please send your CV, evidence of work (portfolio) and list of the titles you’ve worked on to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|11-16-2012, 09:11 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|