|05 May 2018|
Lead 3D Artist / Head of R&D
New York, United States
Game Character Artist at V-Armed (Brooklyn Studio)
Position: character artist
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Brooklyn, New York
We are looking to hire a full-time Character Artist to join our team in New York Office. You will be a part of a dynamic team
working on enhancement of Virtual Reality experiences in the fields of law enforcement, armed forces, emergency management, humanitarian
and medical aid. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated problem solver
and self-learner with the ability to work in fast-paced work environment and
with tight project deadlines.
Position Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Work closely with the design team to conceptualize and model characters based on original art and photographic reference.
- Create realistic 3D model characters and props according to character sheet references and sketches.
- Create and refine textures and paint characters using Zbrush, substance painter or similar programs
- Prepare the character to animation within Unreal Engine 4.
- Work within the game engine to preview optimize and polish models to a quality bar and visual direction as set by Lead Director.
- Become familiar with the new tools, performance capture hardware, software and other related technologies.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Arts, or 3D Design or 3 years of related experience.
- Experience with Zbrush, 3D Studio Max, Maya/Max, Photoshop, 3D Coat or Substance Painter.
- Knowledge of material creation, lighting &shading, and animation.
- Working knowledge of UV’s, Skinning, and Rigging.
- Proven working experience in a full life cycle-game in Unreal 4.
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight, and silhouette.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Preferred Experience and Expertise:
- Working experience with VR headsets.
- Experience with level design is a plus.
- AAA game developing experience preferred, but not required.
- Game industry experience is a plus.
How to apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line Character Artist.
Please provide a link to a showreel or a website, emails without them will be ignored
V-Armed Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|reply share thread|