|04 April 2018|
Psyonix, the maker of Rocket League is hiring a Prop Artist!
Based in San Diego, CA, Psyonix is a critically-acclaimed independent video game developer and leading experts in Unreal Engine technology. For more than a decade, the studio has been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III, Unreal Tournament 2004, and the award-winning Sports-Action hit, Rocket League®.
Psyonix, an independent video-game developer, is looking for a qualified Prop Artist to join the art team of a 100+ person creative and tech team in downtown San Diego.
Our ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, has at least 2+ years of experience and has shipped at least one title. All applicants must include wireframe models, including textures and breakdown descriptions.
• Create a wide array of hard surface and organic prop models.
• Ability to work within budget of engine and console limitations.
• Create assets properly scaled to real world accuracy and standards.
• Multitask and complete work within schedule
• Adhere to the look and feel of the game through the team’s feedback.
• Collaborate with other departments including design, programming and animation.
• 2+ years experience in a production environment.
• Complete understanding of modeling, texturing and optimization of assets through next gen pipeline.
• Proficiency with Maya, Max, Substance, Zbrush, Photoshop and equivalent software
• Experience working on a large scale, 3D title (PC/Console) is preferred
• Strong understanding of asset pipelines and agile development environments.
• Nextgen game engine experience - Unreal, Unity etc.
• Strong foundation in art fundamentals of composition, design, light, etc.
• Desire and ability to work in a self-directed, fast pace work environment.
• Ability to visualize and conceptualize props.
• Attention to development pipelines and target milestones.
• Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique.
• Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
To apply, please visit: https://psyonixhr.wufoo.com/forms/prop-artist/
To learn more about who we are and what we do, check us out at https://psyonix.com/ and https://www.rocketleague.com/
|reply share thread|