So, who's going to Siggraph 2010?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2010
I will be going for the first time, first official animation trip of many i hope. we should all meet up at the geek bar haha.

06 June 2010
Originally Posted by TristanArtForm: Me. Hunting for work. I'll be the big dude with the pony-tail and the portfolio book, lurking around the job fair.

so that narrows it to about a couple thousand people ;-)

06 June 2010
Hi all,

I will be attending SIGGRAPH 2010 Monday through Wed most likely.

Also, I will be looking for content - speakers and projects - for next years Digital Storytelling 2011 - an annual event on the creative use of visual effects in film and tv. It is a cross-disciplinary seminar targeting both directors, producers, designers, writers as well as the usual suspects of VFX professionals. We have had tremendous success for five years running with full house and several Academy Award winning VFX professionals as keynote speakers including Mike Fink and Robert Legato.

You can check out this years and past programmes at:
http://www.digistorytelling.com/press-info/

This year our keynote speaker was production designer Robert Stromberg who spoke about "Art and Machine: Visual effects Design and its new role in film". You can watch most of his presentation here (site in Norwegian, video in English):
http://montages.no/2010/06/digital-...berg-og-avatar/

Some topics/projects that we are considering, in no particular order:

* Innovative Transmedia fillm and TV projects such as Lost
(Producers Guild has recently added a new code of credits - Transmedia)

* TRON Legacy
(in particular the world design and its impact on story)

* World building in film, tv and games (in general)
(eg. Avatar, Minocrity Report, TRON Legacy, Mirror's Edge, suggestions ?)

* Multi-talent indie directors/VFX artists such as the team behind the "What's in the Box" project, unknown people making a short with VFX putting it on Vimeo/Youtube and (hopefully) getting signed.
(http://www.whatsinthebox.nl/)

* Real-time VFX rendering in TV series (or film)

* People who could teach an advanced Houdini workshop

We are also generally interested in smaller, indie-type film and tv productions with VFX that are more similar in scope/budget to Norwegian films. Just so you know, a big budget feature film in Norway is between $8-12M. The average feature film budget in Norway is very small, between $1,2M and $1,9M (no or little vfx in those obviously)

I am hoping that there are many of you on CGSociety.org that are working on projects or have forward looking ideas for possible content and I would be very interested in meeting up face to face or exchanging ideas over email with you.

Please contact me directly at kim ATT digistorytelling DOT com, cell phone +47 415 62 585.

Cheers,
Kim Baumann Larsen
Director
Digital Storytelling
www.digistorytelling.com

06 June 2010
I'm just getting started in cg but have been interested in it as far back as i can remember. I was just curious if someone could sum up what it is exactly.

06 June 2010
I'll probably be at a few parties, doubt I'll be able to make it to much of the conference though.

06 June 2010
Ami and I will be presenting in e-onsoftware booth, stop by to say hi.

07 July 2010
I'll be there for the first time, along with one of my co-workers. I guess that my employer decided that since I recently broke my leg, there is no threat this year of me skipping the conference to do some out of town skateboarding.

07 July 2010
Siggraph

I will be there. I can't wait! I had a great time at the last LA Siggraph. So much to see and do, so little time....

07 July 2010
i'm down as a first timer!!! can't wait !!

07 July 2010
See you all there.

AKIN BILGIC
Modeler / Generalist TD
CGGallery.com

07 July 2010
I'll be going out there for the first time myself.

You gonna be there, Zap? I'd love to shake your hand and buy you a beer, after that FXPhD class, it would be the least I could do.

07 July 2010
Originally Posted by EdtheHobbit: I'll be going out there for the first time myself.

You gonna be there, Zap? I'd love to shake your hand and buy you a beer, after that FXPhD class, it would be the least I could do.

Oh yeah, I'll be there.

/Z

07 July 2010
Originally Posted by MasterZap: Oh yeah, I'll be there.

/Z

yeah! yeah! Zaps here~and we are here~...
the day is coming~! but i just curious that how can we meet each other! who knows who? kkkkk

07 July 2010
I'll see you guys out there!

And this year I will actually get to spend more time "playing" and hanging out -and less time "working".

whoohoo!

-Adam

07 July 2010
Good on ya Adam. Let's hook up.

Originally Posted by aglick: I'll see you guys out there!

And this year I will actually get to spend more time "playing" and hanging out -and less time "working".

whoohoo!

-Adam

Thread Closed share thread