'P I T G I R L' (Female Robot Concept Design)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
This is probably just a design preference, but I would slim them down even more. Make them look more feminen. I like the designs, though. The girls look a bit masculine to me. What if you give them more of an hour glass figure with visible ass and tits?

09 September 2012
I think you miss some inches in the legs (calf)

If you remove the fact that she wears platform shoes, her calfs are fine.

But Platform shoes level a woman of course, so you need to grab everything beyond that knee and move it up a little

09 September 2012
I am a firm believer that butt should comes in pairs, even for robots.
Otherwise looking better with each update. I agree with Scote comments on the leg also.

Are you going to make a 3D model with the final robot? Seems a great waste if not.

09 September 2012
architectus - This is an area of the design I went back and forth with for a while. When I started playing with this robot design I hadn't really done any humanoid-type figures before, so I was experimenting a lot. I eventually decided to try and make her look obviously 'female' but not too 'Playboy' - after all, the original intention was that she is a mechanic (ie, serving a functional purpose, rather than just looking feminine). So I decided, along with feedback from members of another CG forum, that she should have the obvious feminine attributes - hips, smaller waist, thinner arms, some kind of form for breasts/chest, and an overall smooth, sleek styling approach (ie not angular, chunky), but not being too cliche'd with the obvious go-to areas. Yes, she could be even more feminine, but I wanted her to appear that she was also a functional robot; arms/legs that are too thin, and a big chest and arse would push her into a zone I didn't want to go. You can see some of the more masculine and feminine doodles I played with in developing her design on my website: www.jamiemartindesign.co.uk/#pitgirl .

Scote - Slightly related to the above post, I didn't want to make her too 'model-like' , but wanted to retain a feeling of functionality as well. It was a balancing game. And the illustrations were based directly on the proportions of a model in that pose (with high-heels on), so they are anatomically correct, but yes, they could have gone even more 'leggy' perhaps.

PKD - I considered the bum being two cheeks, but, as mentioned above, was walking a fine line between trying to make her functional looking and feminine, without veering too much into the 'tins n arse' look. Regarding modelling her in 3D, I'm not sure. I'm a bit sick of this design by now. But if you feel it might still be worthwhile, I may consider it? I'm a bit blind as to if this design is worth it or not.

Thanks for looking.

09 September 2012
can you share that ref with us

09 September 2012
Quote: can you share that ref with us

Here you go. I've censored any bits that may offend others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lingerie.jpg (8.9 KB, 15 views)

09 September 2012
Even on your ref the legs have my proportion.

Basicly, the two parts of the leg are pretty much to same lenght all the time. Even her.

09 September 2012
Quote: Even on your ref the legs have my proportion.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, they look proportional to me, give or take some organic curvature at the articulation points on the model....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pitgirl-Comparison.jpg (27.5 KB, 13 views)

09 September 2012
ya your right.. is not the proportion of the legs lenght. Is the mesh itself. Too round it's give a offset look to it.. I will expose it in image format (im at the studio now)

09 September 2012

It's pretty one on the other your concept But she doesn't have mollets. Maybe that's my personal focus. Your cyber tubes mollet didn't follow the realistic mollet curve, but it's a concept

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by jamiefmartin: Unless I'm misunderstanding you, they look proportional to me, give or take some organic curvature at the articulation points on the model....

The butt in your robot model, compare to the reference is higher, which is why the thigh looks a little too long.

Anyway, there is a reason why butt must comes in pair, & not round other than the obvious ones, which is so we will not rock about our butt when we sit down. If you have use those big balls at the gym, you will know what I mean.

09 September 2012
Quote: there is a reason why butt must comes in pair, & not round other than the obvious ones, which is so we will not rock about our butt when we sit down

True. Though 'she' has a slightly flattened plate on her derriere, where she would be sitting, which features a stippled/rubberised coating. That should help avoid sliding about. Though I doubt she would be doing much (if any) sitting.

09 September 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread