Steph's Stuff (nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
Taking a small break from people. Painted for the Daily Sketch Topic "ATTENTION TO DETAILS: Flowers". I thought I'd do it because I have flowers on my long list of things to practice this summer and I figured this would be a good place to start.

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
Crystal Eyes

Painted a new one. Still not quite happy with the skintones but I'm trying...

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006

Those are wonderful! I lovely how beautifully you've captured the transcluency of the petals. The rose is just beautiful.
The lavender highlight on the face is perfect!

Very very well done Sylanya!

05 May 2006
i like that last one some skin texture here and there in the highlights and a odd skin imperfection and its good to go from my point of view , love the saturated colours as well, for me working with such a scheme is near impossible a lot of the time unless its comic/ animation work.

good job

j mac

05 May 2006
hiiri-Thank you very much! It means a lot to me that you like these. Your work is excellent.

Defcombeta-If I had been aiming for a completely finished and poished face, I would have textured her skin. As this was mostly an exercise in skintones, I didn't do that. Maybe on the next one??

Thanks for the comments!

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
I thought I was in a different thread when I saw the new pictures
Great improvements.

I like the rose, it looks very nice and real. Perfect colours for a pretty rose
The colours for the face image are great just like hiiri said

05 May 2006
Moon Dance

I found this photograph by Howard Schatz (awesome photographer) and I felt the need to paint the pose the girl was in.

Oh, and thanks frostblade!

Offbeatworlds.com

Last edited by offbeatworlds : 05 May 2006 at 03:51 AM.

05 May 2006
Haha, for a second I thought that was an adult version of E.T.
As for that rose, it's very well done, I'd have just liked to see that level of crisp detail in the leaves. To me it just looks a little unfinished, but then that's how you've done almost all of your pictures so I guess that's your preference.
Now, for the head. Her right eye looks baggy because of the dark shading under it, but I'm guessing it's unfinished. As for the rest of the skin shading, like everyone else said, it's very well done. You've got that strong back light down very well! In fact, all the lighting is impressive.
You're improving with every post.

05 May 2006
Thank you so much pap87. The rose was done for the Daily Sketch topic "ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Flower" so I wanted to concentrate on the flower itself rather than the rest of it. Besides, the ref I used hardly showed the leaves, so I basically had to do them myself.

The eye, yeah, I did make it a bit darker than the ref showed, accidently. But she did have the baggies under her eyes. I'm glad you like the skintones, cause I didn't ref the skintones from the picture. Thank you.

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
Very nice image!I really like the subtle shading on the body. *looks up the photographer*

I think her hand and feet are getting a little lost in the background, Maybe a little backlight reflected on them?

edit: about your earlier post on skin tones, I was hunting for something which I finally managed to find (and study again myself).

Here it is!

Last edited by hiiri : 05 May 2006 at 08:19 AM.

05 May 2006
hiiri-Thank you for the link. I've read through this tutorial before, it is a really great one, isn't it? I've got it saved in my favorites in my tutorial folder.

I see what you mean about the hands. Thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: Fixed the hand and the feet so they show up. Hope it's better!

Offbeatworlds.com

Last edited by offbeatworlds : 05 May 2006 at 01:22 PM.

05 May 2006
Hi,
Your sketches looks really good, esp your latest! The rose also looks very pretty. I think I saw this link somewhere too...Keep up the good work and I'll be back to bug you

05 May 2006
Thank you Kelandra. I hope to be able to keep making more pictures to post. I would have one today, except that I just couldn't get any inspiration. Ah well...

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
I did a paintover of the last face I did, trying to fix up the skintones to make the environment a bit better. Also added a little texture, some freckles and fixed the area under her eye.

Compare to the first version (it's a paintover, that's why the border looks messy)

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
Kate Beckinsale

New portrait.

Offbeatworlds.com

Thread Closed share thread