Steph's Stuff (nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
LOL, I hope I won't have to call the paramedics for you! Thanks for the comment!

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
By the way guys, I thought I'd just drop a note saying that I *finally* have a couple prints available. They are both posted in my CGPortfolio, "Till Death Do Us Part" and "Sea Vanity". They are available for cheap prices at DeviantART. So if anyone is interested, you can purchase one.

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
nice stuff from a student ( wish we had access to this kind of place back then) its nice to see you willing to experiment and work away at different thing, one and only thing i cna say to you is never be worried about making mistakes or having a perfect finish, take your time and go with the current flow of the piece , because the next one will always be different ( hope that makes sense).

one thing i would sugject is to rough up some of the smoothness abit perhaps, its looks rather pixel shadered at the moment

05 May 2006
ya got some good stuff.

my prob in the matter though is that i find that you have alot of dead space.

in somethings it isn't so bad b/c it complies with the rule of thids, but in other cases it just seems like to much dead space.

sometimes it draws away from what you are trying to center your picture around.

or maybe it is just me.

RainOnPluto my deviant art site.

05 May 2006
whew! i'm over the shock of seeing that piece (that's a compliment. ).

I have to agree with the secret asian. At any rate it's a tiny bump in the road steph. One you're sure to overcome real quick.

I wonder if you've seen this one. I think it's super helpful.

ahem to quote, of all people, senator palpatine: "I see you becoming greatest of all the Jedi."

05 May 2006
Defcombeta-Thanks, I understand what your saying about not being afraid of mistakes. However, I'm not quite sure I get what you mean about my work looking a little pixel shadered. Would you care to elaborate on that?

secretasianman-By dead space do you mean empty/negative space? If you do, then I can honestly say....I suck a composition right now. I'm still learning. I have this huge list (a real one, written on paper ) of things I am going to work on this summer, and it ranges from hands, to skintones, to birds, and composition is already on that list.

Salubri3i-Hehe, thanks for the compliment. And thank you for the link to that tutorial too, I hadn't seen that. Like I said to secretasianman, I plan on practicing composition this summer, along with a whole bunch of other things, and that tutorial should be a bit help.

And gee, I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to turn to the dark side...*shudder*

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
ah pixel shaders for me = smooth and plastic like in places the same effect as found in computer rendering in games using current 2.0 and 3.0 sm, everything has the same surface quality at times. its some thing that appears mostly in computer art. i tend to call it that when i see it appear in digital art. one thing i noted also was in the warm pieces that you dont put in touchs of cool colours that balance things out and help build the shadows that way.

still good show and keep on, keeping on

j mac

05 May 2006
Originally Posted by Sylanya: I have this huge list (a real one, written on paper ) of things I am going to work on this summer, and it ranges from hands, to skintones, to birds, and composition is already on that list.

I'd like to see you take on a male. Don't think I've seen a male character from you before. Will be interesting to see what you can come up with all the same.

05 May 2006
Defcombeta-Oh, ok I see now. Basically, you want to see brush strokes. Right? Hmm...you know one else one told me that they wanted me to smoothen up my paintings. Guess I should find a middle ground.

pap87-I've only done a few guys in my life. But probably if I do a guy, he'll be androgenous like Linda does them, mostly because I'm not real good at male faces

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
Thumbs up Wow

Wow youre improving a lot the girl with the knife is awsome nice clean style and detail !!!

05 May 2006
Thank you, adrianospm.

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
Originally Posted by Sylanya: I've only done a few guys in my life. But probably if I do a guy, he'll be androgenous like Linda does them, mostly because I'm not real good at male faces

it shouldn't be hard for you sy. just make sure not to put in the same care you do when you're working with female faces. males tend to have stronger and sharper curves whereas females have it more subdued.

05 May 2006
That's right. Don't be delicate! The male face is anything but delicate, at least that's how I see it, don't know about you.
Anyway we are here to help you!

05 May 2006
Well, alright. Here, this guy is a male. I did him a few months ago for the daily sketch forum topic "heat" (which proves how I'm not good at fire... )

See, I do do guys...occasionally. (He's androgenous, btw)

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
For the daily sketch topic "envy". I know I forgot her eyebrows...

Offbeatworlds.com

Thread Closed share thread